If You Feel Stagnant...

If You Feel Stagnant...

No one likes the feeling

1728
If You Feel Stagnant...

Stagnant.

You know, when you feel like you aren't moving forward, but at the same time, you aren't going backwards either. You just feel stuck. Whether it be in a job, sport, relationship, or anything in life, nobody wants to be stagnant. Yet, so many people just become complacent. Perhaps it is harder to overcome this complacency than it is hardship, because at least in hardships, the end goal is apparent: to make the hard situation get better. However, when we get to that better place, so often we just settle. We fail to realize that we could be doing so much more, in every aspect of our lives. Instead, we meander through life, not doing bad, but not doing great either. Our passions are stifled, our relationships are restrained, and we can't help but feel like there is something more, but we our lives have become stagnant.

Do you dream to have an average existence? Do you wish to have a relationship that is just okay? Do you aspire to do mediocre work?

I hope the answer is no. We were made to do great things. We were made to live with a purpose.

Be intentional. Granted, it is hard to be intentional if you don't know what is your purpose on earth. Luckily, I happen to know what yours is. Yes, you.

"But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth" Exodus 9:16

ALL HUMANS WERE MADE TO SERVE AN AWESOME GOD.

You were made to serve a purpose, and I can absolutely guarantee that there is nothing else than can fulfill you besides living for Jesus. You can try all your life to find something more meaningful, to find something else that will fully satisfy you, but it simply does not exist. You can make all the money in the world, have the best boyfriend in the world, take the greatest trips on the planet, but you'll always come back to a point where you feel stagnant. You'll ask, what's the point? Even if you get that raise, once the excitement wears off, you'll just find yourself wanting something more. You'll feel like nothing you can do will ever be enough, and that you'll always be stuck in that same position, feeling the same way--not bad, not great.

It's because your actions aren't enough, they will never be enough to satisfy the longings of your heart. You were made to serve a God. There will always be a God-sized hole in your heart, and it cannot be filled by anything other than Him. Not any action, person, or thing. Not any job, sport, or human relationship.

Find your purpose by finding your value and guidance in Him. Use the God-given abilities you have to further His kingdom. And don't ever settle. Don't become stagnant. Pursue all your passions, because He gave you those passions in order to bring Him glory. Literally, change the world, chase the dreams in your heart, and do it for Him. Nothing is too big for Him, you just have to ask.

"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." John 14:13-14