Rare Dolphin Killed By Selfies

Rare Dolphin Killed By Selfies

Way to go world.

96
Rare Dolphin Killed By Selfies
WAN

In Argentina, a rare dolphin died earlier this month, after a group of beach-goers apparently took it out of the ocean, and proceeded to handle it, and it's causing some serious outrage.

Sky News obtained a video of a person removing a dolphin from the water in Santa Teresita, a coastal town bout 350 kilometers southeast of Buenos Aires. Beach-goers took photos of a dolphin that appears to have been left to die in the sand.

The Argentine wildlife organization released a statement urging people to leave the dolphins in the water and return them to sea if they are beached.

The sea mammal is found mostly in the waters off the Atlantic coast between Argentina and Uruguay, and has also been spotted off the shores of Brazil.

The La Plata dolphin, like the one in the video above, was placed on the International Union for the conservation of Nature Red List of Threatened Species after hundreds of them were caught by fishermen in the 1960's, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

The La Plata dolphin can live up to 20 years, according to NOAA.

Dear World,
You guys managed to kill a dolphin through a crowd to take selfies, and it died. The only lesson here is actually to think of what you're doing before you do it.
Put the phone down.
Sincerly,
The Baby Dolphin