Superstar Rapper Big Sean Continues To "Bounce Back"

After a year and a half hiatus, superstar rapper Big Sean is finally releasing a new album in February 2017.

30
hnhh

Just last Friday, superstar rapper Big Sean announced that February 3rd of 2017 will be his release of his new album, "I Decided." It will be his fourth studio album, and first since "Dark Sky Paradise" back in 2015. As great of a year that it's been for hip hop, it was kind of sad not seeing a project from Big Sean this time around. For that reason, I am thoroughly excited for this album.

Being one of Kanye's prodigy's, Big Sean has always been one of my favorite hip hop artists. His music contains a great mix of where he is at in his life now, as well as how he has gotten to this point. The sense of realism that comes out of his songs is something that every rap fan should appreciate.

Despite the fact that he has already released three studio albums, it wasn't until "Dark Sky Paradise" that we see him really break through as an artist. The album contains every type of song you could think of. Relationships, crime, death of family members, and party songs are all of the major themes touched on this album. The album title is perfect because it's dark but also has a sense of happiness to it.

Big Sean's "Dark Sky Paradise"

Due to the fact that he has gained so much popularity form the main stream because of his last album, it is no surprise that his fourth project will be one of the most anticipated of next year. It is important to note that he has already released two singles from the album, "Bounce Back", and "Moves."

Both songs bring out the vintage Big Sean. We see the braggadocios and overly confident Sean on "Bounce Back," while we see a whole new style of the Detroit rapper on the song "Moves." Each song plays exceptionally well for Big Sean, and both will definitely compliment each other well on the album.

Big Sean's "I Decided"

One thing that I really do anticipate on this album is a different side of Big Sean. We know he has plenty of raw talent, and definitely can spit some bars however, I want to see what he can do from the production standpoint of an album. Since the rap game is so competitive, it is getting tougher and tougher to stand out. I'm hoping that Big Sean finds a way to separate himself from the rest of the pack.

I'm a huge Kanye West fan. Because of that, I have plenty of faith in whoever he discovers. With that in mind, I trust that Big Sean will put out his best performance on this new album. It's been a couple of years so I have high expectations. Trust me though, if he continues in the direction that he is heading in, I'm sure the album will be exceptional. Big Sean, it's good to hear from you finally.