Ranking All Time Low's Albums and EPs

Ranking All Time Low's Albums and EPs

A ranking of the 7 albums and EPs All Time Low has released over the past 11 years.

805
Ranking All Time Low's Albums and EPs
Megan Thompson

1. "So Wrong, It's Right"

All Time Low stormed onto the scene with their first professionally recorded, full-length album, "So Wrong, It's Right". This album is full of infectious beats that show the true pop punk roots people have come to know and love from the band. The album starts off with a catchy party song, "This is How We Do", and doesn't stop. This album contains their most popular song, "Dear Maria, Count Me In", and a rock feeling that is nearly impossible to top with all the albums they have released since then.

2. "Don't Panic/Don't Panic: It's Longer Now"

After releasing what could be considered their boy band album ("Dirty Work"), All Time Low presented their fan base with "Don't Panic", and the later released extended edition, "Don't Panic: It's Longer Now". These albums give the fans the more rocky sound fans came to love with the debut album, "So Wrong, It's Right". Songs like "Outlines", "The Irony of Choking on a Lifesaver", and "Me Without You (All I Ever Wanted)" have guitar riffs and a beat that make you want to turn the volume up to 11, while songs such as "Backseat Serenade" and "The Reckless and the Brave" will be the All Time Low anthem songs fans will be singing for years to come.

3. "Put Up or Shut Up"

"Put Up or Shut Up" was released the year prior to "So Wrong, It's Right". The album begins with "Coffee Shop Soundtrack", a somewhat underwhelming track. However, "Jasey Rae" and "The Party Scene" showcase the musical ablities of the guitarists, Alex Gaskarth and Jack Barakat, and revive an album that is hot and cold from track to track. "Put Up or Shut Up" is home to my favorite line of any All Time Low song, "A small price to pay for building houses out of matchsticks" from "Running From Lions".

4. "Dirty Work"

As afore mentioned, "Dirty Work" is the album where All Time Low decided to test it's boy-band music out. As a whole, it received terrible reviews and even the lead singer, Alex Gaskarth, jokes about wanting a do-over on the album. However, I find the album to be very good for the style of music it is. "Guts" touches home to the struggle we all find in reaching for our goals. Other songs, such as "Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass" and "Get Down on Your Knees and Tell Me You Love Me" are pure fun to sing in the car even though the songs have very little meaningful lyrics. Lastly, it is home to songs such as "Time-Bomb" and "No Idea", two of the catchiest All Time Low love songs to ever be released.

5. "Nothing Personal"

Nothing Personal is always an interesting album to listen to. The album, from beginning to end, only has one song that you will truly want to turn off ("Hello Brooklyn"). "A Party Song (The Walk of Shame)" and "Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don't") are great songs to dance to and sing along with, while "Therapy" is a sad acoustic that you won't be able to get out of your head. This album sounds a whole lot better live than on the disc. "Lost In Stereo" live is one of the few songs that sound better in concert than on the track. Even though it is a quality album, however, I just could not find myself putting it above the ones before it.

6. "Future Hearts"

Future Hearts was released as All Time Low's newest album in April of 2015. The album had many catchy tunes and was definitely on repeat for me for most of the year. However, after the album release wore off, I realized that while it was a great album, it did not hit home to the All Time Low roots I had come to love. Great album, but not as great as the others.

7. "The Party Scene"

"The Party Scene" is All Time Low's self-released first album. Two songs off this album, "Noel" and "Circles", are true hits! The rhythm guitar and musicianship on "Circles" has me constantly finding it in all of my playlists. However, other songs, such as "Sticks, Stones, and Techno", were complete duds and not worth the time that gets spent listening to them. Normally, I would have placed this album in fifth, just above "Nothing Personal", but the poor quality that came with the album being self-released was enough to put it in the last spot. If they re-released this album under their current label, Hopeless Records, it could climb some spots.

Fun Note: All Time Low recorded "Toxic Valentine" for the "Jennifer's Body Soundtrack", and it is definitely a good song purchase!