30 Easy Ways To Spread Good Vibes

30 Easy Ways To Spread Good Vibes

Kill 'em with kindness.

683
30 Easy Ways To Spread Good Vibes

Whether from our parents, a teacher, or that one Selena Gomez's song, we've all heard these four words: Kill 'em with kindness.

Random acts of kindness are one way that we can help lift those around us. Being compassionate not only benefits others, but is good for your own health. Doing these random acts of kindness actually improves your mood and increases relationship satisfaction. Research on altruism and compassion show that depression is reduced, mortality is delayed, and life satisfaction is significantly improved. The good news is giving to others and showing kindness aren't hard things to do. I've put together a few simple yet impactful ideas to add to my to-do list, and I hope you will too!

Here are 30 ways to be kind and spread good vibes:

1. Smile at whomever you pass.
  2. Pay for the person behind you at the coffee shop.
  3. Send an encouraging note to a friend.
  4. Send a thank you note to a professor who’s influenced you.
  5. Call your parents.
  6. Volunteer.
  7. Share genuine compliments with those in your life.
  8. Give someone flowers.
  9. Run an errand for someone or ask them if you can pick up anything for them at the store.
  10. Randomly text an old friend about a memory you shared.
  11. Give someone a ride.
  12. Share your umbrella with a stranger on a rainy day
  13. Listen without interrupting.
  14. Bake cookies and hand them out.
  15. Donate old clothes, shoes, or glasses.
  16. Remind your partner what you love about them.
  17. Share knowledge by teaching someone a skill you can share.
  18. Donate blood.
  19. Pick up litter.
  20. Introduce two friends who you think have a lot in common.
  21. Hold the elevator.
  22. Plant a tree.
  23. Talk to a homeless person instead of walking past.
  24. Grab dinner with someone and turn off your phone.
  25. Change the subject if friends are gossiping.
  26. Give your seat to someone on the bus.
  27. Leave a nice tip for your server.
  28. Give hugs.
  29. Initiate a conversation with someone you think is interesting but you haven't gotten to know well.
  30. Be kind to yourself. :)

And there you have it: 30 ways to bring kindness into your life and other's. Not only will you help others feel good, but yourself as well.