Thank You For Raising An Independent Daughter

I am glad I can be my own person thanks to you.
3202

Mom and Dad this one is for you,

I know you know I am independent and an adult but that doesn't mean I don't need you. I am so happy that you are my parents. You have helped me grow up to be the woman I am today.

I am so glad you have shown me how to love relentlessly and to never give up on what matters. Your love for me has allowed me to understand how to love other people. I am so thankful that I can share that love and maybe someday explain to someone why that kind of love has changed my life.

I know that I am capable of whatever I put my mind to, but that does not mean that I won't call you twenty times to make sure I am doing the right thing. That's why I have parents, right?

You used to joke around that I was my own person since my first day of preschool. You told me that it was okay to make my own decisions and to stick up for myself when I felt something was wrong.

You taught me the difference between right and wrong and supported me even if I chose the wrong one. You showed me how to fix that and then trusted that the next time I could fix it myself.

I am so happy that you have raised me this way. I am sorry for the times I may have gotten angry with you trying to help me out. Those shaped me.

I am forever grateful that you allowed me to be independent and that you never gave up on me when I was being stubborn.

You let me become who I wanted to be, you never pushed me toward something that I didn't want and you supported me when I knew what I did want.

You inspired me because you let me be my own person and for that, I could not thank you enough.

Everything I am I owe to you. I will forever be your "little girl." The one that helped you wash the car and the one that you pushed on the swings. But just remember that I won't forget those things even though I go to the carwash now and I don't need someone to push me anymore.

I am independent but I will always need you.