10 Movies To Watch On A Rainy Day

10 Movies To Watch On A Rainy Day

Because Fall is the poster child for lazy rainy days.

2203
10 Movies To Watch On A Rainy Day
Good Housekeeping

Autumn has arrived, and it has brought with it not only dead leaves and pumpkin flavored everything but also long, rainy days. On a cold, bleak Saturday, with nothing but grey light pouring into your room, what better thing to do than laze around, make a nice cup of hot chocolate (or coffee, or tea -- take your pick) and settle in with a good movie?

1. Harry Potter

My personal favorite is The Prisoner of Azkaban but, of course, any of them will do for a rainy day. If you're feeling particularly adventurous, you could even marathon all 19 hours of the series.

2. Forrest Gump

I have actually met someone who has never seen Forrest Gump. Talk about blasphemy.

3. The Breakfast Club

The ending is the absolute best part.

4. Peter Pan

I had to throw at least one Disney movie in here, and whether you've chosen the 1953 animation, or the 2003 live-action, you can never go wrong with a trip to Neverland.

5. The Princess Bride

One word: Classic

6. The Devil Wears Prada

Because you love yourself.

7. A Walk To Remember

Because you hate yourself.

8. Ferris Bueller's Day Off

All of John Hughes's movies are just great to watch at all times.

9. We Are Marshall

In case you need a "dude" reason to cry.

10. Mean Girls

It's so fetch.