Starting A New Year Squeaky Clean

Let The Rain Pour And Wash Us Clean

Let it wash away my sanity

51

So I am a big fan of Hilary Duff's song "Come Clean," which speaks about rain coming and washing clean everything that is hidden between her and a boy. I always like to think rain can mean starting over and becoming a new person, starting a new slate. I think it speaks about letting everything that was in your past holding you back go and letting yourself start over. I love not only this song, but when it rains because everything gets washed clean.

After a rainstorm, the earthy smell and clarity it leaves shows how powerful rain can be.

I know that for most people out there who are still in school of some sort, it has either started or will start soon. The beginning of a new year is the perfect time for a rainstorm to come into your life to clear you from everything from the past year. In this time, you get to meet brand new people in your classes and new opportunities come up. It's so exciting to start completely over and to be able to decide what you want to do.

Rain can be used to make things clean, like a car. When you get your car dirty, instead of cleaning it in a car wash, you might wait until it rains again because that's a free car wash. The rain can be cleansing and can make everything feel new. I know that when I have had a stressful day or week and it decides to rain, I feel so much better. Even though I am not get cleaner from the rain, it feels like the world is becoming cleaner, which makes me feel clean.

It also has the power of being calming. I know a lot of people who listen to the sound of rain when they're stressed or when they need to relax. After a rainstorm, it always feels like things are a lot calmer and more relaxed than before. I think that it might have something to do with the fact that, rain makes everything you're doing more difficult. Also, once the rain is finally done, you don't have to worry about anything getting wet anymore and not having to constantly carry a raincoat or an umbrella. I think that the rain makes life more exciting sometimes.

The rain is such a beautiful thing and it makes things look shiny and clean and brand-spanking new. I always like to think when it rains on the first day of a new job or a new school year, that it's almost like getting some luck. It's kind of like how it's lucky to get married on the same day it's going to rain or to have a baby after a storm (which my siblings and I all were). When it rains, it's like a small token of peacefulness that you get have for an hour or maybe if you're super lucky, a whole day of rain. I hope that you have plenty of rain and lucky as the new year starts or new job.