Radio Personality Nikki Nikole

Radio Personality Nikki Nikole

83
Radio Personality Nikki Nikole

Women in radio do not get a lot of recognition so I wanted to give spotlight to one of the top hardest working women I know, the gorgeous radio personality/entrepreneur Nikki Nikole. I met Nikki about a year and a half ago while I was just an intern for college radio station. Before even meeting her, I already heard of her impressive representation of being a great radio personality and also being one of the best in the production game. Being in radio for over 10 years she took her talents with her experiences and started her own company called 2Hot4RadioSounds. She a great mentor, not only because she has been a big influence on people that she has met but this beautiful soul takes time out of her schedule to go to local schools and talk to the youth, to give them inspiration. I was very grateful to be able to sit with Nikki Nikole for an exclusive interview not only because she is my mentor but because she is the definition of a strong black woman. .

Jelia: After graduating college what made you get into radio?

Nikki: I had an internship at Vibe 100 [Roanoke, VA] and 102 Jamz [Greensboro] and it sparked my interest. I loved the fact that I was able to be myself. Out of the box, loud and creative!

Jelia: What person(s) have you met that made a massive impression on your career or just your life in general?

Nikki: I’ve met so many people throughout my career that have given me tidbits of encouragement on my journey but I would have to say ….. My husband, Brandon D has made the BIGGEST impact on my life. He pushes me everyday to be a better person, a better woman. He keeps me spiritually in tune.

Jelia: From being in the game for while you have experienced different markets. What are similarities and differences?

Nikki: (laughing) its funny because no matter how small the market or how large, it seems to all be the same. You have people that work hard, you have people that don’t. You have people who truly love radio and you have those that just enjoy the fame. I learn quick in any market who I can count on.
Jelia: I know you have your own voice company 2Hot4RadioSounds. Tell us a little about your company

Nikki: My company is a FULL service production company. We offer voice-overs for Radio and TV! Local, and national! We voice it, produce it, and have it back to you within 24 hours! My voice is currently the voice of K97.5 in Raleigh, 105.9 Kiss in Detroit, and Blues America Radio. I also do VO work for Honda, Sirius XM, Vyzion Radio, Commercial Kings and various DJs from NC to Germany.

Jelia: Besides radio you are very active in the community. What other things are you involved in or things you do to give back to the community?

Nikki: I LOVE mentoring kids! I get so much JOY when I can stand in front a group of hungry kids and give them the real deal about the industry and life in general. I am very involved in my old high school, and letting the kids know they can make it too!

Jelia: What projects are you currently working on or have coming out in the near future?

Nikki: I am working on a project for young girls, don’t want to give too much away, but I pray it will impact their lives on a deep level, and give them the outlet that I didn’t have growing up. I am also working on adding voices to my VO company, and currently working on my first film.

Jelia: You very well known and highly respect in the radio world. So what advice can you give to others who want to get into radio or voice work?

Nikki: Make sure its what you really want to do, if you don’t have a passion for it, find something else. Just wanting to be famous and talk on the mic is NOT enough. Radio is a tough game. Once you get in, learn every department, make yourself an asset not a liability!

Jelia: If Dj’s or other professionals need a voice drops or other services you provide where can they reach you at?

Nikki: They can reach me at 2Hot4RadioSounds.net

Social Media Links …

IG @Nikki2Hot4Radio

FB Nikki Nikole NC