10 Quotes That Have Made A Lasting Impact On Me, And Now You

It is not as cheesy as it sounds, just give it a chance.

7513
pexels.com

Many people think inspirational quotes are quite a cliche or basic. Sure there are some out there that make you want to roll your eyes because they sound like a cheesy Hallmark card, but there are some that can have a real impact. When I am feeling down or need motivation, I always browse the quotes on Pinterest. I have over 500 pins on my quotes Pinterest board. There is just that moment of inspiration when you find that one quote that speaks to you. Alright, now I know I sound super cheesy but it is true. And for all the skeptics out there I want to share 10 quotes that have really impacted me in some way. Who knows, maybe it will impact you too.

1. "I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say" -Flannery O'Connor

I read this quote when I first learned I loved to write. When I would feel conflicted or upset, I would write what I was feeling. Doing this made me think about the situation and how I should handle it. Writing also made me think a lot more about my feelings and helped me understand them. Writing is my way to channel those thoughts I have constantly running through my head.

2. "Flowers grow back, even after they are stepped on. So will I."

This quote is kind of like the saying "get knocked down seven times get up eight." It is a good one to read when you feel like the world is against you and nothing can go right. I also love flowers because they are so pretty. Sometimes even pretty things get down but they to rise above.

3."The real world does not start when you leave High School, when you can legally drink or when you get a job. You have been in the real world your whole life. So go live it."

I first read this at 16 years old. The whole time you are growing up there is always that adult that will tell you "just wait until you are in the real world" meaning you would never survive on your own. Well yes as a 16-year-old kid I would not be able to support myself, but I would survive. At 16 I had seen the pain of death and heartbreak. I had seen how cruel and judgment the world could be. That was the real world. This quote made me realize if I could survive the real world now, then I would be just fine in the future.

4. "When you're not sure, flip a coin because while the coin is up in the air, you realize which one you're actually hoping for."

All I can say about this one is try it. It works every time.

5. "Vous êtes votre seule limite"

This means "you are your own limit" in French. I was lucky enough to visit France a few summers back and fell in love with it. You are your own limit means that we underestimate ourselves and we should not. You are capable of more than you know, believe that.

6. "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." -Winnie the Pooh

I have lost people I love. It does not matter if that loss is death or just simply someone leaving, it hurts. Saying goodbye to someone you love is the worst pain I have ever felt but this quote reminds me to stay positive. I should feel lucky to have had that person for the time I did.

7. "Today is the oldest You've ever been & youngest you'll ever be again." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Just reading this quote I smile. It reminds me that I am the youngest I will ever be and time is going fast. I need to take advantage of the time I have and make it last because that young and dumb excuse will not last forever.

8. "The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique." -Walt Disney

My best friend gave my a frame with this quote on it when I graduated. Even if we do not talk a lot I still think of her when I read it on my dorm wall. I have never had a lot of confidence in myself, it is something I have always struggled with. She always had more confidence in me than I did myself. Her giving me that just gives me that reminder that I am unique and I should have confidence in myself.

9. "Never regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted."

I have made decisions that people did not agree with. I was judged by those decisions so hard that I started to believe myself that what I did was wrong. But I was not wrong. For once I had been spontaneous and not over thinking my every action. I was the happiest I had ever been for awhile, until the judgement started. I now realize that I can not let others opinions affect the way I make my decisions in my life.

10. "Someday we will find what we are looking for. Or maybe not, maybe we'll find something much greater than that."

I have this vision or dream of the way I want my life to be or look like. I have learned that most of my vision is not going to happen, and I have accepted that. This quote reminds me that even when things are not going the way I would like them to they will work out. They could even work out better than you had ever imagined. That hope keeps me going when I am down.