Live A More Thoughtful Life With These Memorable Quotes

A good quote can put a lot into perspective.

51
Molly Goebel

Looking for a little motivation, inspiration, pick-me-up, helpful advice? Sure, talking to someone can make a big difference, but there are those days where no one can say something just right. So turn to some great quotes that can just "click" with whatever insight you're looking for! They can be simple and you can take them as is or you could easily start trying to interpret them into something bigger behind the surface.

A daily quote chart can be a fun way to start each day by taking that quote into perspective with the day you are about to face. And sometimes it appears like it knew you needed that quote before you even realized it.

Some of these quotes are some that I think of randomly almost daily and others are just good to keep in mind throughout life. Not everyone is a quote person - I get that - but sometimes we could all use a good quote to fall back on. Here are a few of the ones that really hit home at some point or are some good thoughts for life:

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." - Albert Einstein

"Perfection is the enemy of progress." - Unknown

"When you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals." - Henry David Thoreau

"Everything you want is on the other side of fear." - Unknown

"'Why not?' is a slogan for an interesting life." - Mason Cooley

"Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start." - Nido Qubein

"There is more to life than increasing its speed." - Mahatma Gandhi

"One of the wonderful things about being alive is that it's never too late." - Phyllis A. Whitney

Then there are some quotes that need no explanation because they're just great quotes that should be remembered and thought about.

"If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it." - Tom Hanks

"Don't shrink yourself for someone else's comfort - Do not become small for people who refuse to grow." - Unknown

"Learn to be alone and to like it. There is nothing more freeing and empowering than learning to like your own company." - Mandy Hale

"Don't waste any time trying to be like anybody but yourself. Because the things that make you strange are the things that make you powerful." - Ben Platt

"The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself." - Maya Angelou

"You can fail at what you don't want to do so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love." - Jim Carrey

For whatever reasons you may need these quotes at some point in your life, I hope they will be as helpful or as comforting as they once were to me when I needed them. Live thoughtfully. Don't just let the days keep passing you by. Don't be afraid to go after what you want. If you don't do anything, nothing will change. So stop dreaming and wishing - start chasing and getting what you want out of your life!

And there's just one final quote I will leave with you because it is just as powerful as it is simple:

"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin Manuel Miranda