Reasons Summer Should Be Your Favorite Month

16 Quotes To Remind You How Incredible Summer Is

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?

53

Just a few quotes to remind you how wonderful the season really is.

1. "One must maintain a bit of summer, even in the middle of winter." —Henry David Thoreau

2. "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?" —William Shakespeare

3. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability." —Sam Keen

4. "If it could only be like this always—always summer, always alone, the fruit always ripe." —Evelyn Waugh

5. "Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June." —Al Bernstein

6. "Summertime is always the best of what might be." —Charles Bowden

7. "Oh, the summer night, has a smile of light, and she sits on a sapphire throne." —Bryan Proctor

8. "Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." —Henry James

9. "One benefit of summer was that each day we had more light to read by." —Jeanette Walls

10. "The summer night is like a perfection of thought." —Wallace Stevens

11. "I could never in a hundred summers get tired of this." —Susan Branch

12. "Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August." —Jenny Han

13. "And so with the sunshine and great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer." —F. Scott Fitzgerald

14. "In the long dusks of summer we walked the suburban streets through scents of maple and cut grass, waiting for something to happen." —Steven Millhauser

15. "Summer, after all, is a time when wonderful things can happen to quiet people. For those few months, you're not required to be who everyone thinks you are, and that cut-grass smell in the air and the chance to dive into a deep end of a pool give you a courage you don't have the rest of the year. You can be grateful and easy, with no eyes on you, and no past. Summer just opens the door and lets you out." —Deb Caletti

16. "Summer was a book of hope. That's why I loved and hated summers. Because they made me want to believe." —Benjamin Alire Sáenz