5 Quotes Nannies Hear All Too Often
Health Wellness

5 Quotes Nannies Hear All Too Often

Coming to you live as I throw frozen chicken nuggets into the oven and boil Easy Mac for the third time this week.

178
5 Quotes Nannies Hear All Too Often
DAM

"Lunch is ready!" I yell as the kids come running downstairs. How did I become a full-time stay at home mom in a matter of weeks?

So, why did I choose to spend my summer hanging out with three crazy kids? Don't get me wrong- I love my job. Nothing beats hanging out with kids all day long and getting paid to do so; but if you're like me, you'll completely understand the daily struggles of living the nanny life.

1. "You're not the boss of me!"

I get this one way too many times a day. I hate to mention it, but I actually AM the boss of you for the next eight hours. Also, I hang out with you all day, every day, so doesn't that give me the ability to sort of boss you around? With that being said, "Stop hitting your brother and go clean your room!"

2. "Can I get a snack? I'm hungry!"

Are you actually hungry, or do you just want pepperoni pizza and breadsticks from Pinheads? I literally just fed you lunch an hour ago.. how can you already be hungry?! Either way, that wasn't included in the weekly budget. And sadly, neither is the arcade… sorry I'm mean!

3. "My mom always lets me!"

I've fallen for this one a few too many times, too. Enough to let my ten-year-old convince me it was okay to take their 30 pound Beagle to the neighborhood pool. I'm sure your mom always lets you bring him to the crowded pool full of crazy moms, but sadly I won't!! My gut is feeling something fishy going on here. Maybe next time, though!

4. "You're so mean!"

I get that I'm the worst person in the world because I said no to going over to Will's house, or said no to buying the next hottest toy at Target. I might be the only one that gets this, but I feel like it's their way of saying 'I actually kind of like you, but will never admit it.' Or that they actually hate you. Either way, it makes me want to quit and walk out. Every. Single. Time.

5. "But HE did it!"

Yes, your brother did go behind my back and bring his own change to buy a candy bar at the concessions stand. But he's also much older than you are and makes an allowance. You, on the other hand, do not. Some things five-year-olds will just never understand.

Ask any other nanny, and they'll tell you the same thing. From answering the endless questions to running the kids from place to place, the little moments in between the chaos make every day worth it. With only four weeks left to go, I know when I look back on this experience, I'll miss finding Goldfish crackers in between the couch and picking up dog poop around the house. Well, maybe the last part not as much.