The Notebook is a movie is based on Nicholas Sparks' novel that follows a couple Noah and Allie, both in the present day and in the 1940s. It's been fifteen years since the movie has been released, and it is still one of my favorite movies to date. Here are 15 quotes from 'The Notebook' that proves that after 15 years it is still one of the greatest Rom-Coms To Exist.
1. "So, it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday."
One of my favorite quotes from this movie. It is so true. This is what relationships are. It's not going to be rainbows and sunshine all the time. It's going to be hard. It's going to take work. It's not always going to be easy, but at the end of the day, it's going to be worth it with the one that you love and the one that is your soulmate.
2. "I think our love can do anything we want it to."
3. "No matter what happens to us, everyday spent with you is the best day of my life."
4. "The best love is the kind that awakens that soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds."
5. "Would you stop thinking about what everyone wants? What do you want?"
Sometimes, you have to slow down, and stop thinking about what other people want. Instead, you have to think about what you want.
6. "Sometimes we need to be apart to understand just how much we truly love each other."
There is a saying that goes around that says; "Distance makes the heart grows fonder."
7. "We're not the same people we were then. We've changed, we've grown."
One of my favorite quotes. It's just a reminder that people can change. People aren't the same as they were years, months, and weeks ago. We learn and we grow.
8. "I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough."
This is a reminder that all the success that you have, and everything that you own, all of that could disappear in the blink of an eye. At the end of the day, the most important thing, is the people that you love that are in your life.
9. "You can't live your life for other people. You've got to do what's right for you, even if it hurts some people you love."
This one hit me. I was a people pleaser. I hated saying no. I didn't like it. But there are times, that you have to do what is right for you.
10. "You are my best friend as well as my lover, and I do not know which side of you I enjoy the most. I treasure each side, just as I have treasured our life together."
11. "Every great love starts with a great story."
12. "In times of grief and sorrow I will hold you and rock you and take your grief and make it my own. When you cry I cry and when you hurt I hurt. And together we will try to hold back the floods to tears and despair and make it through the potholed of life."
You are stronger together. Teamwork makes the dream work.
13. "We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created."
14. "For me, love like that has happened only once, and that's why every minute we spent together has been seated in my memory. I'll never forget a single moment of it."
15. "You are, and always have been, my dream."
And there you have it. I can't believe 'The Notebook' has been out for fifteen years, but it will always be one of my favorite movies. Now, I'm going to go and watch it.