15 Best Quotes From Jen Sincero's "You Are A BADASS"

Inspiration at your fingertips.

2597
Jen Sincero

If a friend of yours approached you and told you that "You are a badass," would you believe it? Would you take the compliment and run with it, or would you flat up deny it and say "no no, yeah right"?

Do you ever feel as if you have no control of your life? Your future? Do you worry that you are not living up to your greatest potential? Or are you thinking to yourself right now that these questions are a bit overdramatic, and all you really need is a boost in confidence? Some uplifting words don't hurt?

Jen Sincero's New York Time's Bestselling novel "You are a BADASS" is a must-read for all of us. Her words shine a light on to thoughts that go through our minds daily and offers solutions on how to approach life obstacles that come our way. Sincero describes realistic scenarios and gives real-life examples, allowing for the reader to truly picture themselves throughout the context. The next fifteen quotes are some of my favorites and I hope they persuade you to read the book in its entirety. It's a dose of inspiration at your fingertips.

1. "Most people are living in an illusion based on someone else's beliefs."

2. "The Universe will match whatever vibration you put out. And you can't fool The Universe."

3. "Watching someone else totally go for it can be incredibly upsetting to the person who's spent a lifetime building a solid case for why they themselves can't." 4."The Big Snooze will do everything it can to stop you from changing and growing, especially since you're attempting to obliterate the very identity that you and everyone else has come to know as "you".

5. "Our fantasies are our realities in an excuse-free world".

6. "You have to change your thinking first, and then the evidence appears. Our big mistake is that we do it the other way around. We demand to see the evidence before we believe it to be true".

7. “Your job isn’t to know the how, it’s to know the what and to be open to discovering, and receiving, the how.”

8. “There’s nothing as unstoppable as a freight train full of fuck-yeah.”

9. “Our entire experience on this planet is determined by how we choose to perceive our reality.”

10. “Going out into the world and trying, yet still deep-down believing that you’re ruled by your past circumstances, is like forgiving someone but still hoping they sit in something wet.”

11. “Because so often when we say we’re unqualified for something, what we’re really saying is that we’re too scared to try it, not that we can’t do it.”

12. “If you’re serious about changing your life, you’ll find a way. If you’re not, you’ll find an excuse.”

13. “The people you surround yourself with are excellent mirrors for who you are and how much, or how little, you love yourself.”

14. “The only failure is quitting. Everything else is just gathering information.”

15. “Your faith in The Universe must be stronger than your fear of not getting what you want.”