8 Quotes For All Of Your End Of Semester Emotions

Face the end of the year's wide array of emotions with helpful and uplifting quotes!

490

The end of the semester is right around the corner and with that comes a wide variety of emotions, some good and some bad.

The most important thing is to approach finals week and the end of the semester with your head high and with a sense of strong determination, because let's face it, you've got this!

Hopefully, these quotes will give you a little inspiration going into finals week with whatever emotions you may have!

Stressed: Being stressed is definitely the most common emotion used when describing finals and the end of the semester. It is challenging having cumulative tests in one class, let alone all of them.

Stress can come in many sneaky forms such as through a continual bad night's sleep as well as depression and anxiety. However, the best medicine to cure any stressful situation is positivity and taking a step back to reexamine your situation, which is what the quote below highlights:

"Change your language to 'what if it does work out.' Believe in possibilities. Think of the best-case scenario. Retraining your mind will lift you higher out of the overthinking, stress, and worry of negative thoughts. Change starts with your mindset. Shift it. Switch it." -averstu.com

Fear: Fear comes in many forms whether it be the fear of the unknown, the fear of lack of preparation, or the fear of failure. With that said, many students experience some form of fear leading to the end of the semester, most noticeably the fear of failure on exams.

Though, when dealing with fear, it is important to remember that each small moment of courage helps to promote strength and perseverance, which is what the quote below impresses upon us:

"F-E-A-R has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run or Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours." -functionalrustic.com

Excitement: Although many college students are not excited about the end of the semester and the start of finals, some are excited because such an ending serves almost as a victory for the semester behind them.

It serves as the finish line to a long, difficult, uphill battle, and that idea alone provides excitement. Others are excited because the end of the semester means the reconnection with family and the return home, for a couple of weeks at least.

And some are just excited because it means they will not have to do their own laundry for almost the entire month of December. Wherever your excitement comes from, it truly is the root of happiness:

"The key to happiness is excitement for the future" -unknown

Doubtful: Doubt is an emotion that can stem from many things, some of which include insecurities, past failures, or apprehension about the future.

With that, doubt is an emotion that many students face at this point in the semester whether it be because of a previous bad grade in a class, feeling that he or she is not good enough, or merely stress.

Doubt surrounds our whole world, but, as a student especially, it is so important to overcome that doubt because such triumph plants seeds of growth within our souls. With that said, doubt paves the opportunity for us to believe in ourselves more:

"Use the same energy you doubt yourself with to believe in yourself. You overthink things that will never happen but don't feed the possibilities of what can go right. It's all imagined. You might as well be busy visualizing something greater into existence for yourself." -averstu.com

Laziness: People often associate laziness to being disease-like in that it can affect so many aspects of your life such as your aspirations, your wellbeing, as well as your relationships.

The feeling of laziness is such a prominent emotion during this time of year, especially with college students, because of the daunting amount of work that coincides with this season.

Thus, especially during exam time, it is so important to not be lazy but rather to put in the hard work for just a short while longer because it will truly pay off.

"Laziness is a secret ingredient that goes into failure, but it's only kept a secret from the person who fails." -Robert Half

Weak: The feeling of weakness is very similar to feelings of doubt as it oftentimes stems from feelings of insecurity or that you are not good enough. It can often inhibit your aspirations and prevent you from achieving things that you want to do because you don't believe you are strong enough to conquer them.

However, as the quote below states, you are so strong, and you can accomplish so much. To put things into perspective, you are strong enough to have survived all of your hard and challenging days, which shows the warrior within each and every one of us.

"You are braver than you believe and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -A. A. Milne

Sadness: For many people, the end of the semester brings the beginning of tears because even though break is only a few weeks long, for some it feels like forever.

With that said, being away from college- the place we all call home for nine months out of the year- can be sad for a lot of people, and that is totally ok.

For freshmen, it means the end to our first semester ever at college, which in and of itself is sad to think about. For seniors, it means the quick approach of graduation and adulthood.

However, it is so important to remember that closing a chapter also brings the opening of a new chapter, one in which you can write your story however you chose- an idea that provides enough hope and strength to overcome sadness.

"I suppose whenever you go through periods of transition, or in a way, it's a very definite closing of a certain chapter of your life- I suppose those times are always going to be both very upsetting and also very exciting by the very nature because things are changing and you don't know what is going to happen." -Daniel Radcliffe

Calmness: Even though this is probably not a popular adjective used to describe your emotions towards the end of the semester, some people remain relatively calm during this time while the rest of us are seemingly stressed and nervous.

I'm not sure if a quote will really help the people who are feeling calm during a relatively high stressed period because merely having such an emotion takes a lot of self-discipline, a characteristic that quotes in and of themselves try to augment. Though, if you are feeling calm approaching finals, that is amazing, and I am so proud of you.

When you force yourself to remain calm, your whole mindset changes- you become more positive, more present, and more disciplined:

"Being calm about everything allows your mind to find solutions. Calmness is also a state of trust. Instead of overthinking and overreacting, you just surrender for that moment and allow yourself to receive guidance for what doesn't make sense." -averstu.com

I hope that at least one of these quotes resonated with you as you approach the end of the semester and even throughout your entire college journey.

It is so important to stay positive during these high-stress times and to find excitement and calmness where it is often overlooked.

Just remember to not stress too much and allow yourself to take a step back every once in a while. You've got this!