11 Quotes That Prove Ben Carson Is Actually Your Crazy Grandmother

We all have one and we all love her. She makes us cookies and sends us money on our birthdays. She has always believed we can never have enough food and makes every holiday feel familiar. And almost every conversation somehow ends with, “This country’s going to hell in a hand basket.”

Thanks, Grandma -- love you, too!

Not all grandmas are like this, of course, but every family has that crazy one. We trust her to bake us cookies, but would we trust her to run the country? Probably not. Here are 15 quotes proving that Ben Carson is actually your crazy grandmother.

1. "I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that.”

Dr. Carson gave this quote in an interview on “Meet the Press.” Because those who are not Christian could not possibly have moral values, right Dr. Carson?

2. "Because a lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight --and when they come out, they're gay. So, did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question."

Dr. Carson gave this quote as an answer when asked in a CNN interview if being gay was a choice. I would like to see Dr. Carson’s work cited page for that statistic.

3. "The number one cause of death for black people is abortion."

Dr. Carson gave this quote in a fox news interview. No, Dr. Carson, the number one cause of death for African-Americans in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is heart disease. Followed by cancer. Followed by stroke. Followed by unintentional injuries. Followed by diabetes. You get the point.

4. “I think the likelihood of Hitler being able to accomplish his goals would have been greatly diminished if the people had been armed.

Dr. Carson gave this quote in an interview with CNN. Perhaps Dr. Carson is actually right on this one. If Hitler had not taken away the people’s means of defense, history may have been much different. The problem with this is that he is yet again comparing the current government to the 1930s Nazi regime in Germany. No Grandma, Obama is not Hitler.

5. "Think about this. During slavery -- and I know that's one of those words you're not supposed to say, but I'm saying it -- during slavery, a lot of the slave owners thought that they had the right to do whatever they wanted to that slave. Anything that they chose to do."

Dr. Carson gave this quote in an interview on “Meet the Press” regarding abortion. No Grandma, you can’t compare an unborn child to the slaves.

6. “Like most psychopaths. That's why they're successful. That's the way they look. They all look great."

Dr. Carson gave this quote while watching President Obama deliver his State of the Union address. A psychopath by definition is a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior. No Grandma, Obama does not have violent social behavior.

7. “You know Obamacare is really I think the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery. And it is in a way, it is slavery in a way, because it is making all of us subservient to the government, and it was never about health care. It was about control.”

Dr. Carson gave this quote at the Values Voter Summit in 2013. No Grandma, Obama is not trying to enslave us all.

8. “There comes a time when people with values simply have to stand up. Think about Nazi Germany. Most of those people did not believe in what Hitler was doing. But did they speak up? Did they stand up for what they believe in? They did not, and you saw what happened.”

Dr. Carson speaking yet again in this quote comparing Democrats and the Obama administration to the Nazi regime. No Grandma, the democrats are not Nazis.

9. “Because 9/11 is an isolated incident. Things that are isolated issues as opposed to things that fundamentally change the United States of America and shift power from the people to the government. That is a huge shift. You have to take a long-term look at something that fundamentally changes the power structure of America.”

In this quote, Dr. Carson is comparing the long-term effects of Obamacare and 9/11. It appears he is claiming that Obamacare is a worse incident than 9/11. No Grandma, Obamacare is not worse than 9/11.

10. "You look at some of these caves and things out there one drone strike, boom, and they're gone."

Dr. Carson gave this quote while referring to illegal immigration and the caves surrounding the Mexican-American border. No Grandma, you can’t just blow up the immigrants.

11. “I actually have something I would use the Department of Education to do. It would be to monitor our institutions of higher education for extreme political bias and deny it federal funding if it exists.”

Dr. Carson gave this quote most recently in an interview on the Glenn Beck radio program while speaking on how universities may be teaching the younger generation political ideas that don’t quite agree with his. No Grandma, you can’t turn public colleges into "1984."