10 Quotes About Adversity

10 Quotes About Adversity

When you need a little pick me up!

133
10 Quotes About Adversity
QuotesGram

The definition of adversity is a state or instance of serious or continued difficulty, misfortune or tragedy. Everyone goes through some adversity throughout their lifetime. Some people face more adversity than others. Recently in my life, the topic of adversity has come up often. Many people go through it, so I thought I would share 10 quotes that help me when facing difficult times.

1. “When life gives you more than you can stand kneel”

This quote has always helped me in situations where things seem too hard to handle. It reminds me that I should always rely on God.

2. "The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow"

I have found this statement to be more than true. Anything that you go through today, if you can make it through that, it will only provide you with more strength tomorrow.

3. The scripture says, "Rain falls on the just and the unjust." Even when you have faith, you'll still have difficulties, but when the storms come, you will not be defeated.

God likes to test us. This quote signifies an example of that. When you do have difficulties and you know you will, where are you going to turn? Even though you have faith, you will still have difficulties. The difference is if you keep your faith during the difficulties you will not be defeated.

4. The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem

Nothing is better than a little Captain Jack Sparrow! Even though this is from a movie, I think that the meaning holds true. How often is our attitude about something that isn't the actual problem? Often times I think people have the tendency to overreact to situations. In those instances, it reminds me of another saying my dad always tells me. He says, “Your day goes as well as you want it to.”

5. "It's hard to beat a person who never gives up"

Having been in sports throughout my lifetime this statement is used a lot. However, it is for good reason. It is so hard to beat the person who just never stops. You could have all the talent in the world, but if you give up easily it means nothing. This applies to more than just sports though. It applies to life. Nothing can beat you if you never give up trying.

6. “ When you think things are bad..."

Dr. Seuss quotes are a must. I always think of this one when I am facing things that I think are the worst. There are so many people in this world that have it worse. Just try and remember that when you are dealing with problems. It could be worse.

7. “I have it within me right how, to get me to where I want to be later."

I believe that every person has an inner strength. All they need to do is remind themselves of that fact and find the courage to believe it.

8. "Sometimes you try your hardest, but things don't turn out the way you want them to..."

Yes, I did use a Disney quote. I know it's childish, but I think that Nani makes a good point. Sometimes you can try your hardest but things just do not go your way. However, more often than not, change is for the better.

9. "Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard..."

This one is kind of longer, but I love it! No matter what you may be going through, don't let it get to you. The world is a beautiful place if you’re willing to see its beauty.

10. "Hold on, pain ends."

Hope. I chose this as the last one because that's all you really need, hope. As long as a person has hope, anything can happen. As long as you hold on, you are going to make it through anything that comes at you because eventually, the pain does end.

The thing about adversity is that it is just a state or instance. It will not last forever. Whatever it is will only make you stronger. You can and will get through it. Maybe even learn from it. I would like to leave you with one last word:

perseverance. The quality that allows someone to continue trying to do something despite difficulties.