Quick Hit: Love Trumps Hate?

Quick Hit: Love Trumps Hate?

A quick peek at part of "Love Trumps Hate."

8
Quick Hit: Love Trumps Hate?
YouTube

Everyone is talking about the Women's March(es) that took place this past Saturday. Outside of my opinion, or yours, it's something to talk about - that we need to talk about.

I do have one issue that I want to bring up - and it's about something that has been a saying for a while, but the SnapChat coverage of yesterday brought my feelings to the top of my thoughts.

"Love Trumps Hate."

I've heard this plenty of times, as I'm sure you have. Honestly, I think 75% of those saying this, literally mean it. They'd rather show love to anyone and everyone, than to hate anyone. That's awesome in my book.

But.

The 25% that I don't think are genuine got a nice little boost on social media, Saturday.

For instance, one woman marching held a sign that read "Love Trumps Hate," but literally yelled "F*** Donald Trump!"

Well, maybe my definition of love is wrong - but shouldn't her sign say this;

"My Hate Trumps Hate" (Whatever that means)

Look, I understand that people don't like Trump, but are we really displaying "Love Trumps Hate" when we threaten, mock, and belittle people?

Isn't the point to "love" after all?

At the end of the day, make sure if you're going to represent yourself with a sign or a stance - make sure you don't embarrass yourself or those that are legitimately fighting for their cause. No need to f*** anyone.

Just because you don't hate the same way someone else does, it doesn't make your hate any better.