Questions For Wonder Woman

Questions For Wonder Woman

Some things I have questions on based on the new Wonder Woman film

102
Questions For Wonder Woman
Newsweek

THIS SHOULD NOT BE A SPOILER BUT THERE ARE DETAILS ABOUT THE MOVIE SO...I know that the new Wonder Woman movie has a lot of conversation about whether it is feminist or not... This is not about that! I have pretty much two things that really were making me question parts of the movie. Now I also must admit I am not quite up on my Wonder Woman comics so if I am making zero sense cause I only know the movie I apologize. I also only saw the movie once so I may also be missing some pieces that if I saw it a couple more times I would be aware of. I just had these questions as I was watching and wanted to bring these into conversation. I also want to note that I did love the movie I am a fan! I went to the theater all by myself and I feel that it was a good movie that I would recommend.

So the first thing I questioned and there is possibly just a part I missed that would answer this but Chris Pine plays Steve Trevor who is a British Intelligence agent yet has no remnant of a British accent. Was he American and just became part of the British Intelligence to help a fellow ally? Did the lose his accent to help him become less distinguishable? Did the movie actually let him go with an American accent and just not worry about it? This is pretty much all I have to ask about this. I don't believe this really takes away from the movie but I was just curious!

This also does not detract from the films integrity but I have way more questions about this. I do realize this is a movie but the reality of this even being a possibility is even harder. I have a question about the gas that should kill everything. THIS IS KIND OF A SPOILER.... So the gas that is produced to then destroy gas masks is shot out to a near by village to show how affective it is. But when Diana (Gal Gadot/ Wonder Woman) goes to investigate the damage done she finds the people still clothed, if this can practically cause a gas mask to disintegrate wouldn't normal clothes do the same? Also the main issue I have with the gas is that it only has a radius of 50 miles, but that does not seem very realistic. How would a gas only be able to be concentrated when shot out? Especially with the village the gas would spread and that could easily get into the wind and spread farther and farther as well as easily become a part of the waterways. And then of course when all of the gas is shot by Steve (Chris Pine) from the airplane way up there is no way that could not spread all across the world and kill everyone and everything. The gas would become part of clouds and then be precipitated down when it rains. I know this is really small unimportant pieces of an overall good film! But I was just curious if anyone else had these same questions. Don't worry I am well aware this is a movie and there aren't consequences like the ones I mentioned in movies!

Hope I did not ruin the movie for you!!