Questions I Will Be Asking Myself Senior Year

They do not lie when they say college is the fastest four years of your life.

6
http://www.youvisit.com

My senior year is just a few short weeks away. I cannot believe I have already completed three years of college. When you are told that college is the fastest four years of your life before you actually start, you probably did not believe it, just like me. But I can now say, that is 100 percent true.

And with senior year upon me, I have put together a list of some of the questions I know will be popping up throughout the year. It is the final year I will have to enjoy the campus, the buildings, the basketball team and everything and everyone here from the perspective of a student. This year is sure to be a fun one, so here's to making the most of it!

And without any further ado, here are the questions I, along with some of my fellow seniors, will surely be asking.

What does ISP stand for, and why do I have to take one?

When I started college, I had no idea what ISP stood for. Three years later, and I still don't know. But what I do know is, I have to take one this year, and it is supposed to be some kind of senior seminar class.

To go along with not knowing what it stands for, all of the options seemed pretty brutal last spring when I had to make my pick. Seems to me they should have called it an ISB for "I'm so bored," as I will likely be saying that every Thursday night when I am stuck there for three hours. I am so excited for my ISP, whatever that means (sarcasm fully intended).

Why did I take an 8:30?

It's my last year of school, so why am I torturing myself with having to get up early twice a week? This is the last year I will likely get a chance to sleep in during the week. But that's what happens when you have limited options for an elective.

Oh well, at least I know I can get a good parking spot! Speaking of which...

How did I put up with this parking lot for the last three years?

I won't miss this parking lot during the middle of the day. As a commuter every year of my collegiate career, I know just as well as anyone the nightmare the parking situation can be. If your first class is not until after 11, have fun playing parking spot roulette.

It almost makes me happy I have an 8:30, as I know I will have two days of not having to worry about parking. There is nothing worse than getting to campus 10 minutes before your class and spending 15 minutes circling for a spot. Thankfully I never cut it that close, and have no intention of doing it this year.

Are there any Thursday night basketball games?

The basketball team is going to be a highlight of senior year. The team was awesome last year and I expect big things again this year. But what I do not want is a home game on a Thursday night during fall semester. As I mentioned before, I have my three-hour ISP on Thursday nights. Putting a game on while I am in that class will only make it that much harder to concentrate. It would be real tempting to crack open the laptop and put on ESPN3 if it is at all possible.

Why did I buy this textbook?

As a senior, I should know better sometimes. But I still get suckered into buying all of the books listed, even if I know I won't use half of them. I mean, it was only $5 on Chegg, so why not? But I could have used that $5 to buy myself ice cream or something enjoyable, instead of a book that will just sit on the floor.

What will I do with myself on my day off?

Over my first six semesters, I have not had a day off. Even this fall, I am doing five days a week with classes. But finally, spring semester of senior year, I will have a day off! But what will I do with this newfound freedom? Your guess is as good as mine, because I am so used to having a class to go to.

Did I really cover all of the requirements?

As a senior, I know I will not be the only one who is paranoid about having all of the requirements fulfilled. I want to make sure everything is all set to go so I can graduate. You can bet I will be looking over my audit more than once throughout the year.

Am I really done with school?

The day of my last final is sure to be a surreal one. I will officially be done with school. No more coming to campus. No more sitting in a classroom. It is on to the real world.

It feels like yesterday I was walking around orientation, helping my (future) girlfriend lock her dorm door. Four years of schooling is officially in the books, and it is going to take a while for that to sink in.

Come next fall I know I will feel like I should be returning to campus, and maybe I will for a day just because. But it will be as an alumni, and not a student.

What do I do now?

Welcome to the real world. Time to get a full time job and have school turn into work. At least that should not be as time consuming as school plus a part time job. This time I get paid, as opposed to paying to be somewhere.

These questions are just the tip of the iceberg. I'm sure as the year rolls in I will be asking myself more. Senior year is upon me, and I am ready to take it by the horns. Let's do this! See you all on campus in a few weeks!