35 Things You Still Call Your Mom For, Even In College

35 Things You Still Call Your Mom For, Even Though You Live On Your Own Now

Wait, that's how you be a successful adult?

172

If you're anything like me, you can vouch for the fact that you've lived away from home for a few years now, and still call your mom every five minutes because you need help with something.

It's starting to worry me now that I'm never gonna grow out of that "needing mom phase," (not that my mom is complaining about my four phone calls a day). With that, it's easy to need your mom (or any type of parent for that matter) for anything. These are roughly the things I've kept track of over the past couple months specifically that I just needed to call my mom for.

1. "What temperature do I cook a chicken breast at?"

2. "Can I wash my white shirt and jeans together?"

3. "How do I defrost frozen soup?"

4. "How much rice do I cook for one person?"

5. "How's the dog?"

6. "Do I have enough money to get pizza tonight?"

7. "What's the weather like at home?"

8. "Can I come home this weekend?"

9. "What do I season the chicken with?"

10. "Can you come to visit me this weekend?"

11. "What can I use to substitute vegetable oil if I don't have that?"

12. "My eye is pink, should I make a doctors appointment?"

13. "Actually, can you call the doctor's office for me, please?"

14. "Do you think I should catch the earlier bus today?"

15. "Do you know what time the bus comes today? Can you look?"

16. "Should I wear my brown boots or black boots?"

17. "I have a headache, I think I'm dying, do you have any last words?"

18. "Can you send me a picture of my dog?"

19. "Wait, what's the kind of laundry soap you use at home?"

20. "Well, what kind of kleenex do I buy?"

21. "What temperature do I wash towels on?"

22. "Do you think I should cut my hair? Or give myself bangs?"

23. "Wait, when is Grammy's birthday?"

24. "Did you watch the new Greys Anatomy episode?!?"

25. "Do you want to go to Disneyland this summer?"

26. "Should I walk or take the bus?"

27. "Should I buy apples and grapes? Or oranges?"

28. "I lost my gloves, can you mail me another pair?"

29. "Can I get a cat?"

30. "What can I make for dinner that takes five minutes?"

31. "Can I have the Netflix password?"

32. "Should I put the home address or my apartment address?"

33. "Is it supposed to snow tomorrow?"

34. "Should I get another Starbucks today?"

35. "Did you know that I really, really miss living at home sometimes?"

* * *

I'm not one to easily admit that I need my help or need my mom sometimes, but I think after this it comes off as obvious.

I very much strive myself as being independent and doing things all on my own. From this list, someone could think wow she's really not capable of taking care of herself at all is she? But it's more so, I'm learning what it's like to grow up and be an adult and sometimes I need the help from my mom!

Yeah, you can probably look all of this up online or ask a friend, but why not use a silly question as an excuse to call your mom anyways? Not to say I need an excuse, but maybe someone else does.

For everything, thank you, mom! Oh, and one more question, did you like my article?