22 Questions You, A College Girl, Have Totally Asked Your Roommate, Like, A LOT

Only because she has (almost) all the answers.

513
Abbie Wood

If you have a good roommate, you have a best friend, an endless support system etc. all right down the hall.

Aaaaand you also have someone to go to that's a 'wealth of knowledge' so you go to them with all your questions first.

Your little college household would not survive without the communication between the two of you, and you know it.

So, here's a list of questions you've definitely asked them at least once this semester.

1. What's for dinner?

This is typically a team effort after all.

2. Does this match?

She's the only one who will tell you the truth when you're unsure.

3. Need anything from Target?

For some reason, she can always remember better than you that you guys are out of paper towels or milk or whatever.

4. What would actually happen if I dropped out?

Ya know, just wondering because this test is making it look like that's my only option.

5. Can you make sure I turned the straightener off?

You're *almost* positive but it's all your fault and both your problems if the place burns down

6. Can I borrow your. . . ?

Shoes/stapler/charger etc. She should know that when we signed the lease her things pretty much became my things, just with (a few) boundaries.

7. Omg! Do you hear that?

Whether it's the neighbors obnoxiously loud music or a creepy unexplained squeaking, you want to be sure you're not the only one totally freaked.

8. Wanna go out?

To eat, to drink depends on the day (kinda).

9. Have you seen my. . . ?

Shoes/keys/phone etc. you name it, I've lost it and she's helped me find it.

10. Why does it smell like hot garbage in here?

Sometimes she doesn't even have the answer to this.

11. Does this smell or is it just me?

Whether it's the shoes you "accidentally" wore without socks or the blanket that just doesn't seem right, she's your go-to for a second opinion on the sniff test.

12. Do you have class?

Probably asking because I don't and I don't want to be bored.

13. Do I have to wear real clothes?

Like is this a sweatpants kinda party or are jeans in the fine print?

14. What's the weather?

Because you know, she doubles as a meteorologist (or went outside before you even left bed).

15. Can you proofread this?

Whether it's a 10-page paper or a text to a guy, she's your editor in chief.

16. Did you bring your keys?

This can't just be assumed, and hopefully, it was asked before the door was locked behind you.

17. How do I respond to this????

A text from an ex, an email from a professor, she's got you covered.

18. What does this mean?!

Directions, a word, a text she's also your dictionary.

19. Netflix suggestions?

Because you just binge watched her last one at an embarrassing speed.

20. Can you go like my picture?

As if she didn't already.

21. What should I caption this?

Everyone knows the caption makes or breaks the picture.

22. When will you be home?

It's been way too long and I also think I just heard something creepy.

She just has to understand that when she agreed to live with me, this is what she signed up for