25 Questions To Ask When You Really Want To Get To Know Someone

You have to ask the right questions to get the right answers

5318

You will never truly get to know someone if you don't ask the questions that make them think. You have to ask the questions that may make them slightly uncomfortable, the questions that they really have to think about before they give an answer. These questions will tell you so much about a person--their goals, their way of thinking, their dreams, their regrets, etc. Here's a list of 25 questions you can ask to get to know someone for who they really are.

1. If you had to pick one song to listen to for the rest of your life, what would it be? Why?

Listening to the same song for the rest of your life could be considered a form of torture which makes this question very important. Depending on what song they pick you can learn a lot about their personality.

2. What was your favorite TV show growing up?

Learning about someone's favorite things when they were growing up and developing can be a very intimate experience.

3. If you could meet one person(dead or alive), who would it be and why?

The answer to this question just tells you more about the person you're asking and who they really admire.

4. What's one thing you must do before you die?

Knowing a person's priorities is always a good thing to understand their motives and goals.

5. Where do you want to travel to? What makes that place so important for you to see?

Traveling fuels the soul. Learning where a person wants to travel can help you understand what they appreciate and want from life.

6. What are some of your favorite movies?

A classic, but it can't be asked enough. A person's favorite movie can help you learn about their deepest desires.

7. What makes you nervous?

Although an easy question, the answer is layered with details. You can learn about a person's fears, uncomfortable moments, and nervous habits which you then can detect and help them when they are experiencing them.

8. How did you get your name? Do you like your name?

Learning stories about someone's past can help you connect and relate to them. Also, learning how they feel about their name can hint at their self-esteem level.

9. Do you have any scars, birthmarks, tattoos, or piercings?

This question is very exploratory and helps you learn about someone's past, present and future. This question is also a great starter, as it can lead to many more questions.

10. What makes you angry?

Learn what makes someone angry and you learn a lot about their personality...you also learn how to avoid making them angry.

11. Would you like to be famous?

This can help you determine if a person likes attention or not. It can also be a great indicator of a person being an introvert or an extrovert.

12. If you could live out any movie, book, or TV show, which one would it be and why?

This is a really interesting question to ask because you can see how someone wishes their life was like.

13. What was your last dream about?

Dreams are weird, but also carry hidden messages, so this question can be helpful in getting to know a person.

14. What's the first memory you have, or what's your favorite memory?

The first memory someone has tends to be from early childhood, so this question can help you learn about someone's early life.

15. What scares you?

If the person answers truthfully this question can make them uncomfortable, but you can learn so much about them. This question really helps you understand what makes someone feel vulnerable.

16. What stands between you and complete happiness?

This one can show you what someone lets hold them back from achieving their desired happiness.

17. What would you do differently if you knew that no one was judging you?

This question can really help you see someone's insecurities. Their answer also gives you an idea of what they are really like.

18. If you could go back in time and change a single thing, what would you change and why?

A person's "regrets" are always great to show how they wish they were, or how they wish their life would have turned out like.

19. What's your philosophy in life?

Pretty obvious, but this question helps you understand what a person wants out of life.

20. What's the difference between living and existing?

Their answer can show you how much they enjoy living and what makes them excited about living.

21. Have you ever done something, or not done something, and regretted it?

A person regrets can tell you a lot about who they strive to be.

22. Are you a good judge of character?

The answer to this question will help you determine if a person surrounds themselves with the right people.

23. Which family member are you closest to?

Always good to know who someone relates and respects most in their family to know what qualities they deem important and qualifying.

24. If you had to pick one day to live over and over again for the rest of your life, what day would it be? Why?

If someone is going to be stuck in a routine for the rest of their life it can tell you a significant amount about their personality depending on which routine they would choose to live.

25. If you could have any super power which one would you choose?

This is a very common question, but the meaning of the answer goes deeper than you think. Each answer reflects a different personality and can help you determine what a person is like.

From Your Site Articles