20 Things College Graduates Actually Want To Hear
Graduation

20 Things To Say To A Soon-To-Be College Grad Other Than 'So, You Have A Job Lined Up Yet?'

College is stressful enough and, honestly, we're just trying to get through the semester.

489

I am about to graduate at the end of this semester, which is rapidly approaching. The last semester of college is stressful enough without family members and others constantly asking what you have planned after graduation. Well currently, I am just trying to survive this semester, especially with finals week basically here.

I am tired of being asked about my future plans, if I have any jobs lined up, and what my career path is. I haven't even graduated yet. I don't even have my degree to actively pursue anything, which is a separate problem. Yes, I know what I would love to do and have goals, but it's hard to know what exactly is going to happen once I graduate.

Not to mention, I am graduating a semester early, I didn't plan on this and wasn't prepared. It has made this semester much harder to stay on top of my class work while working on my resume, applying to jobs, and deciding where I would like to move. It's a lot, a lot for someone who hasn't even made it to graduation.

It's surprising how many people don't ask how you are currently doing and how you are doing in your last semester. I haven't made it to graduation yet.

Here are some basic questions and statements I would rather be asked about in my final semester of school, instead of people only focusing on after graduation.

“How is your last semester?”

“How are your classes?”

“Are you enjoying your last semester/classes?” 

“What classes are you taking? Any fun or interesting ones?”

“What’s been your favorite class? Worst?”

“Is it stressful right now? Are you doing okay?”

“How’s life?”

“Wow, that’s so exciting!”

“Good luck!”

“Congratulations on your accomplishments so far.” 

“I hope school is treating you well.” 

“Do you need anything? Or help with anything at the moment?” 

“Are you happy or sad about being done with college?”

“Feel free to call me if you need anything.”

“How’s your roommates? How much are you going to miss them?”

“Do you feel like it’s almost over/ Are you happy to be almost done?” 

“You must be proud of yourself.” 

“Do you feel burnt out yet?”

"Aren't you exhausted?"

“Want to go out for dinner?” 

Literally, ask me anything except about graduating and the future. The best thing you can ask me is something totally unrelated to school.