4 Questions To Help You Find The Best New Year's Resolution

A 4-Part Questionnaire To Help You Find The Best New Year's Resolution

The new year is coming in hot... So let's get ready for the best year you've had.

60

1. What would your ideal year look like in 2019?

Without looking into 2018, what would you ideal year look like? Ask yourself what small, tangible tasks you could do to in order to make this year the best year for yourself, and tweak small areas where you feel these little goals will fit. A New Year's resolution doesn't have to be one thing; it could be a lifestyle.

2. What caused most of your problems this year?

If you're able to determine the root of most of your most difficult problems this year, you're more likely to fix them more effectively and more effortlessly. Sometimes, after the ups and downs of a crazy year or season in your life, you end up feeling out-of-sorts and disheveled. It's important to take time for reflection to help weed out unhealthy aspects of your life that have been causing negative consequences in important areas.

3. Do you have a bad habit that interferes with your life on a daily-weekly basis?

It's likely that the majority of your problems derive from an unhealthy habit. A lot of people struggle to be on time to things or have a specific habit or addiction that holds them back from succeeding in every-day tasks they need to complete. It's important to determine yours, then think of specific ways that you could improve upon feeding this habit every day. Be sure to set achievable steps for yourself, though. The last thing you'll want to do is expect too much of yourself, and leave yourself feeling unsuccessful.

4. What do you want to gain this year?

Is there anything you wish you had last year that you feel you could work toward and gain? Your resolution shouldn't be one thing that you want to gain, but part of the list of things you'll work toward. Focusing on those specific goals will make them even more achievable. Don't forget that it's imperative to challenge yourself within healthy bounds. Have a Happy New Year!