27 Years After His Death, Freddie Mercury Is Still Showing Us How To Live

Legends never die.

49
https://www.pexels.com/photo/gray-metal-statue-of-man-raising-hand-near-dock-825430/

I have been a fan of the legendary rock band, "Queen", for a long time.

Their music always gave me the motivation and inspiration to be the best I can be in whatever I do. One of the reasons I love Queen is because of their lead singer, the legendary Freddie Mercury.

I know what you're all going to say. "But Freddie Mercury died before most of us were even born. Why are you writing a RIP about him now? You probably only heard his music after the Bohemian Rhapsody movie."

Well, actually, I have been listening to Queen since I was 9 years old. I didn't think much of them. But when I heard the song, "We are the champions", I was shocked by the performance. Freddie Mercury was performing from the heart and he showed the world that. I appreciate Freddie Mercury because he was someone different.

Most of the performers and artists I listen to are pretty good and their live performances are great, but Freddie Mercury's live performances were beyond me. He was someone who was not afraid to go all out. Most people usually wait a very long time to build confidence and put themselves out there. Freddie was obviously born with confidence. After watching some clips from Bohemian Rhapsody, it made me sad that Freddie Mercury is gone.

But, at the same time, I shook my head in a positive way, and said to myself, "This guy knew what's up. All he ever did was try to live life to the fullest. And damn it, he did. If only I had his mindset."

In the movie, when Freddie told his friends he had AIDS, they were scared for him. I bet Freddie was the moment he found out himself. But then, he told his friends not to feel sorry for him. He knew he would die, but he told his friends that all the sympathy and tears would be mean time wasted. He wanted to use whatever time he had left to not only make music but make music history. This moment was very sad, but the positive vibes struck me. I say positive vibes because Freddie was a strong individual. His fans saw him as a legend. He knew he was a legend. And one thing I realized in life is that people die, but legends live on. Freddie left behind an amazing and inspiring legacy.

To this day, people around the world still listen to his music, jamming in the car, school dances, you name it. To me personally, Freddie Mercury isn't dead. He didn't die a man. He died a legend. The music that he made and left behind will always be there. And as long as it's there, Freddie Mercury will always be alive in our hearts, And his legend will live on until the end of time.