the end of an era

the end of an era

I've got three more finals left before this semester is officially over and honestly? I have no clue what is supposed to come afterwards.

9
the end of an era

This was supposed to be an amazing end to my sophomore year. Instead I'm at home in quarantine with nothing to do but study and clean my room (which I don't do in favor of naps lol). Its a lot different than what I had imagined it to be. But, its what I have to deal with at this point and here's how its going:

1. my french final

Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this but this one was okay. I spent this past week studying hard for this exam and I took it earlier this morning. In all honesty, it was easier than I thought but still challenging here and there. There were countless hours put into studying for this exam but I'm still nervous for the result. At this point, anything can happen.

2. three more finals to go

Today marks halfway through finals week and I've still got three more finals left, one everyday (starting Monday) until the last day possible. Lucky for me, these finals are a lot easier than the one I took today and even though I don't have much time left, I am actually looking forward to these exams. Once I get through them, I'm free from my sophomore year and ready for summer and a boat full of free time. But, then again, at this point who isn't?

There are four more days left of my sophomore year and after that I have no idea how long we'll be in quarantine. Every single day, I miss my friends, sisters, and family at Rutgers just a little bit more and can't wait to be reunited with them. We talk of course, but nothing is better than being together in person. I miss the memories we would have made in the Bishop Quads courtyard and the turf of Clothier, my sorority's formal, dates with my boyfriend, and basically everything else that would have made this semester that much better.

I even miss working at the computer labs on College Ave, riding the buses to eat at Henry's or Cook Cafe (although, idk how those buses are going to work after quarantine... people sit and stand very very VERY close to each other), and studying at Alex for hours on end. I miss Rutgers in general and I'm praying that we get to go back in the fall.

So, I beg of you, please stay home as much as you can and social distance. Its not the best time, but in order to make the memories we want to make and see the people we want to see, its in our best interest to do so. I would like to be back at school in the fall with everyone I love, living lavishly (or as lavish as a college student can get) in my apartment with some of my best friends. The rest of my time in college should be spent mimicking movies and tv shows, but with my own twists and that won't be possible if we're stuck in quarantine for who knows how long.

With love,

Arielle :)