give until there is nothing left

To The Girl Who Gives Until There’s Nothing Left, It’s Time To Focus On Yourself

Sometimes, you have to finally put yourself first.

1020

To the girl who gives until you can't, I know you. I know you because I am you. I have been in the same shoes you have, and I have given myself to others until I couldn't anymore, and it still wasn't enough for those around me. And you know what? That's ok.

You see, we give and give and give because we care. We put others needs and wants above our own, and we do this because we want the people we love and care about to be happy and to feel loved. In the process though, we can sometimes lose ourselves, and I'm no stranger to this. I've played the part, in my relationships and friendships, I've made excuses for people and seen their lack of reciprocation of care as a mistake, not an outright disrespect to myself. And I've done this until I can't anymore. I give myself to a person until who I am has been decimated to making them happy. But I've realized that we can only give for so long. We finally reach a certain point in our lives when we can't give anymore, and we have to rebuild ourselves on the idea that it is finally our time to be happy.

Your happiness is what's going to get you places in life. We have only one life to live here on Earth, so while we have this short time, make yourself happy while trying to make others happy. For those who truly love you and who care about you as much as you do them, they will want to see you just as happy. So girls, whether it be in your romantic relationships, or your friendships, or even your familial relationships, just know this: You will reach a point when you can't give any more. You will be broken, and you will have a sense that you have lost yourself. Just know, you can and will pick the pieces up and when that time comes, that is your signal that now is the time to focus on you and your happiness.

It will be ok, and you will be ok. You've given so much to make others happy, now it's your turn to make yourself happy. It's time to find the things that make your heart warm and your insides tingle. It's time to find the little things in life that bring you joy. It's time to make your life about you. So go get lost in the sound of the ocean waves. Go to that art show you've been dying to see. Take that class that you're interested in. Find the things that you feel make your life meaningful and happy.

Take care girl, because I speak from experience when you make your life about the things that bring you happiness, everything in your life becomes more worthwhile and has more meaning. Life becomes golden when you pursue your own happiness.

With loving sincerity,

A girl just like you