Putting The Phone Down.

Putting The Phone Down.

Will you be able to do it?

19
Putting The Phone Down.

I’ve come to realize something these past couple of months. I don’t know why, all of a sudden this grabbed my attention, but now that is has I just can’t let it go. I figured putting it in writing would make it more official, as well as inspire some others to join me.

My new goal is to not be on my phone when I’m with other people. Just put it down.

You are blatantly saying that whoever you’re talking to over text is more important than the person you are with.

Its rude.

It’s ignorant.

And honestly it really shows where your priorities are at. (and they're obviously not on the person you're hanging with)

It’s going to take me awhile to get used to this change, I may slip up here and there. But honestly, I’ve been doing this a week or so and I already feel like I’ve created so many better memories. Go out and do things instead of sitting on your phone. Leave your phones at home and go on a walk. Stop texting you boyfriend/girlfriend when you're with other people. Stop texting your other friends when you’re with someone. Enjoy the time you spend with others. On the other side, if you know someone is with someone else, don’t text them. Don’t be that person who distracts their time together.

I don’t think it’s too much to ask for.

And if it is, maybe it’s best for us to not be friends.