Pursuing Your Passions

Pursuing Your Passions

Make room for what brings you the most joy in life.

51
Pursuing Your Passions
Study Hacker

Having a passion is something that is so important. The things that we are passionate about are what push us and keep us going. So when you find something that you truly care about and enjoy doing, it becomes something that you want and need to nourish and pursue. It's what drives you, and it's important to make sure that you don't let your passion fall through the cracks in your everyday life. Have you ever thought about what it is that you truly care the most about in life? What are the things that drive you and make you the person you are?

Passion is one of those emotions that drive people to the ends of the earth. Everyone dreams of finding what they're passionate about. In fact, some people are lucky enough to mold it into their work and do it everyday. That is, after all, the ultimate goal in life. We all hope that one day we find ourselves in a career that we are passionate about, a career that utilizes the skills and talents that we nurture the most.

All of these reasons and more are why you should always make time for what you're passionate about, and if you have yet to find that, devote time to figure out what it is that drives you each and everyday. For some people, it's working with and helping others, while other people are driven by more artistic ideals. The list is really endless, because it's catered to each person. Either way, it's important to take your passion and work it into your everyday life, whether it's work or leisure.

One of my passions is writing. Even writing papers for high school and college was something I enjoyed. I preferred writing a paper to taking test any day. So when I graduated college, I started thinking about ways that I could still write. Then I happened upon The Odyssey. I've been writing for it for almost a year, and I still enjoy doing it. While there's still other ways that I could pursue writing, such as writing in a journal, I've found the Odyssey to be an outlet that suits me well. It also gives me the opportunity to share my writing with other easily because it can be shared to my Facebook, giving my friends and family instant access to my pieces each week. This is how I pursued one of my passions, because it's something that brings me joy and lets me forget about what happened during my day.

So if you have something that you're passionate about, don't let it fall to the wayside. Do whatever you can to make sure that you feed and nourish it. Look for ways that your talents can be used to their best potential. Volunteer, take a class in it, or find other people who share the same interests as you and pursue these things together. Because at the end of the day when you get home from a long day at work or school, it's really only your passions that you have to help you escape from it all.