Purpose And Plan: Will You Live It Out?

Purpose And Plan: Will You Live It Out?

There have been many of times in my life where I wonder what my life will turn out to be. God custom designed us and packed us with a purpose and a plan. Are we willing to follow and delve in deeper?

28
Purpose And Plan: Will You Live It Out?
Sara Roder

Doesn't God work in mysterious ways? One Sunday I went to church and heard a sermon on how God knew you before He formed you in the womb, how He had your life planned before you were even a figure of your parent's imaginations, or how you have a meaningful purpose in life. The next day, I opened up my daily devotional book and read a devotion on the same message about how we are God's idea! How He custom designed us and packed us with a purpose and a plan. Sometimes I wonder if this is God's way of talking to me or to us; when we hear a message more than once.

There have been many of times in my life where I wonder what my life will turn out to be. I try to imagine my life 10 years from now, but I know I will probably be no were close to where I wanted to be in my hopes and dreams. I'm sure some of you have had those same thoughts go through your head once or twice. Sometimes it feels like we are in a world that is playing a sick joke on us or that we are a pawn in a game; being thrown around at everyone's disposal. But, what I do know is that God for us and with us. No matter how many times we try to push Him away, He will always be there. No matter where we have been or the roads we travel, we can confide in Him. He will show us a path to His side.

It's hard to acknowledge this...our culture is so very taboo on the "faith" or "God" topic. We are so a skewed from where we should be. God has this grand plan for us and this beautiful life mapped out, but we so many times want to follow our own plans. We are told that if we follow God and His love letter (aka- the Bible) we will be truly happy. Then why don't we do that? Why is it so hard for us to follow God's promise to us?

I am not a perfect person; I will back this up 100% of the time. I make mistakes, I struggle, I veer off of God's path a lot. But, no matter what I do, I know I can come back to our forgiving God and ask for redemption. I don't necessarily make mistakes intentionally, but I don't think of WWJD (you know..."What Would Jesus Do?"). Most of you could probably relate with me. These questions make me struggle internally. If God laid out His plans for us why don't we trust and love Him with our whole hearts? Is it because we don't want to lose our identity or change? Is it because we don't want to seem like a "bible thumper"? This is the work of the world coming to the surface.

Have you ever met someone who is so in love with God and so thankful for their redemption that they inspire you? I know I have... So, why can't we do the same? You will hear that the struggle of handing your life and worries over to God is not an easy task. But, don't forget of the one who made you in His likeness. Essentially, He is the owner of our lives. He gives us free will to make decisions; good or bad. He will always be there for us, waiting for us to come deeper into His embrace, and to surrender our lives to Him.

It is so hard to know what is real or not when it comes to faith or a lack thereof, but I know that I want to live a life that God is proud of. A life that leads with purpose. A life that follows God's plan. We can't begin to understand the greatness or the blessings that God will rain down upon us. We don't know the deepness of His love. I want to flourish in a relationship with God that allows me to become more of myself. God knows each of us better than we know ourselves. It's hard to believe that He would care about such a small soul on earth, but He cares about me....He cares about all of us! He created us for a reason!

Some of you may feel spiritually lost or despaired. I know I have felt that way...there are still times were I feel that way. I challenge you to take a look around and see the creation of what God has made for you and I. One morning, I woke up early, opened my shades and saw the most beautiful sunrise. I was taken back... (Picture is above in the header.) It brought me back to when was younger, I would get up early to see the sunrise because it was so amazing. Since I have been trying to be a motivated person in the morning, I watch for the sunrise. Every day it is different. Every day it is more beautiful and unique. Every day it should remind us that we live one more day on this earth that God created for us. He willed us to live another day, He has a plan for us, He has a purpose for us. Look at the creation around us, if you see something breath-taking, that is God's work at hand.

So if you ever question what your purpose here is on earth, if you would be missed if you were gone, or if you are lost completely in your life. I promise you...there is someone who is always by your side. You just have to open up and surrender yourself to Him. He will bless you more than you can imagine. You are loved, you are cared for, you have a purpose. Because He has a plan. You are enough, you are special and unique, you are God's handiwork. Don't ever forget that.

Before I made you in your mother's womb, I set you apart for a special work; I chose you.

Dive in deeper, don't be afraid. If you don't know what to do, just have a conversation with Him. He will open your heart and flood in. He will set a fire in your heart, He will show you your purpose and His grand plan.