Purple Side Till The Day I Die

Purple Side Till The Day I Die

Finding a Home on Campus

22
Purple Side Till The Day I Die
Superwall

When I began at the University of Montevallo in the fall of 2015, I, at the time, didn’t really understand what purple side or gold side actually stood for. It wasn’t until attending the university that I discovered the crazy homecoming life here on campus, and it was such an amazing experience getting to meet and make friends with people from both sides of the coin, but it was even better when I found a home on Purple Side.

However, there is more to this Homecoming craziness than meets the eye. Purple Side is a dynamic, ever-lasting, family-oriented home away from home, and I was so happy and proud to join such a phenomenal side my first semester on campus. The group of dedicated men and women who put all the work into making that Purple Victory come to life are some of the most inspirational and hardworking people, and Saturday night would be nothing without every helping hand. From extensive hours to nerve wracking and exciting performances, each individual has a part to play, and there is absolutely no telling what epic show is going to be performed on stage during the week of College Night.

Everyone is adopted into a Purple family which encapsulates the exact definition of Purple Side. “A United Circle is a United Side,” and that could not be any truer. I was adopted into a Purple family my second semester. I met a girl in an organization meeting who is someone you just have to love, and she welcomed me without a second thought, and to this day, not only is she my Purple Mom, but she is also one of my best friends. There is value in this aspect of Purple Side, and unless you’re involved in it, it’s hard to actually understand what this whole “Purple Family” business entails. I, myself, didn’t understand what I was getting myself into when I was adopted into this girl’s family. What’s more, you never actually know how extensive your family is until you enter into one. I had no idea I had like six Purple Sisters when I entered this family, and considering I’m friends with a big portion of my Purple Family, I feel as if I actually have somewhere to belong, and I’m not just another face on campus.

Purple Side has given me the opportunity to find my place and my home here on campus, and I couldn’t be more grateful to my Purple Family and everyone involved on the side for making that happen, and I hope that others get to experience the same thing, especially if they feel a little lost on campus and really want somewhere to fit in. I can’t wait to extend my own Purple Family, and I am so excited for the outcome of College Night. Purple Side is going to own that stage!

Moo Psi Moo!
Purple Side Till the Day I Die!