There's Grace In Finding Your Purpose

There's A Lot More Grace To Finding Your Purpose Than You Realize So Stop Stressing

God's grace is so much bigger than anything you could have ever imagined, so don't worry you'll get there.

122
Amanda Holt

On my morning commute, I laughed because the sky was purple and I was instantly reminded of GCU and "Find Your Purpose."

Of course, I'm a full year into my post-grad and have yet to find it so instead of joy I felt terror. Instead of joy, I felt bitter.

But being in LA traffic, it gives you time to sit and let all the thoughts and feelings settle in.

The purple horizon was ahead of me and it wasn't going anywhere. Just like God's call for our life isn't going anywhere. Just like our purpose isn't going anywhere.

I think Grand Canyon's slogan can be a little misleading. You're not expected to find your purpose right away. We're all focused on how fast we get somewhere. We're so focused on how fast we find our purpose that we lose sight that it wasn't about speed. It's about velocity. Velocity is speed, but with direction and that's more important Instead of finding your purpose at GCU, you're given direction toward that purpose.

And as long as you continue in that direction, you will find your purpose. Not because you tried hard enough, but by His grace, God's purpose for your life will find you.

But by the grace of God, I am what I am, and his grace was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them - yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.
1 Corinthians 15:10

God's purpose for Paul found him on the road to Damascus and if you know about Paul, you know he wasn't on the way to do good things but God had other plans for him. It was nothing Paul did, but it was by the grace of God that he was called to be an apostle.

You can be pulled into any direction and be walking on your own path, but God's call is much more powerful than our stubbornness. And while he ultimately gives us the choice, His call is still very present and we will find it

Amanda Holt

That does not mean that it's not a lot of work.

Are you kidding me?

Of course, it's a whole lot of work. You can't expect it to just fall into your lap while you're sitting on your couch watching Netflix. It's just not going to happen. Even Paul was heading somewhere. So wherever you're headed and however hard it may seem, keep going.

You're going to get stuck in traffic that'll make you want to tear your hair out. You might take a few wrong turns along the way or even get into a few accidents because like I said, it's a lot of work!

The purple horizon is there. Keep moving forward in the direction God has pointed you in and you will find your purpose.