How I Achieved Pure Confidence At Pure Barre

How I found my confidence in Pure Barre.

228

Throughout my life, I have always tried to eat right and work out. Even though eating right has had its ups and downs, I finally have learned how to eat right. When it came to working out though it was always a struggle with finding a good workout that I enjoyed. I went from just walking around the neighborhood, to just going to the gym and doing the elliptical. I also would go to Zumba classes and strength classes at the gym. They were things that worked for a little bit, but then I would just get bored of the classes or make excuses not to go. It wasn't till Summer 2018 that I found the kind of workout I needed. A new Pure Barre studio had opened up by my house and since I was home for the summer I decided to give it a try.

The first class I ever took was so hard, my muscles were shaking and I was sweating so much. After I left the studio a part of me didn't really want to go back to Pure Barre because it was so hard. However, I put that thought away and decided to stick with it. For the whole summer, I went to class three to four times a week. I noticed the muscles I was gaining throughout the summer, but I also noticed something else about myself I didn't have before. I was gaining confidence in myself.

I think I was gaining this confidence I didn't have in myself all the years before because I could finally see a change in myself thanks to the workout I was doing. It was finally starting to show me that waking up in the morning to go work out for 50 minutes three to four times a week was worth it. Also, the instructors at the Pure Barre studio really cared about your progress throughout your time there. Also, what was so great about Pure Barre is you have to reserve a spot the day before you go, so you know what time you need to be at the studio. Therefore, there are no excuses to not go and work out and I think that's what I needed for my workouts to be worth it. I needed to stop having excuses on why I couldn't go work out.

Even now back at school I found a Pure Barre studio in Knoxville and try to make time even with a busy schedule to go. Pure Barre has helped me find a good workout for myself but also has given me the confidence I had been missing throughout my life. If you're looking for a new workout I definitely recommend finding your confidence at the barre!