8 Things Penn State Students Can Look Forward To This Fall

It's about time we were all back in Happy Valley!

38

I know that we are all more than ready to return to our normal lives in the fall semester, so here are some things we can all look forward to experiencing again, or maybe for the first time!

Climbing Mount Nittany

To our incoming freshmen and any other Penn State students who haven't done this yet, it is a tradition that students hike Mount Nittany before you graduate! So grab your hiking boots and go this fall while the weather is still nice!

Berkey Creamery Ice Cream

It's easy to miss the best ice cream in the world when you're away from it for so long! But until we're able to return to State College and order a cup or cone of your favorite flavor, did you know that you can order it online? Yeah, that's right! So grab your credit card and get ready to go broke from buying several tubs of Bittersweet Mint!

Grilled Stickies

Another student tradition, which is usually for freshmen, is to eat grilled stickies on your first night at University Park. So for all the UP students, get ready to gorge on some gooey deliciousness when we get back!

Penn State Football

We don't know if we'll be able to go to the games, but we all still wanna beat every team in the Big 10!

Relaxing on Old Main or the HUB lawns

One of the perks of the temperate fall weather in Happy Valley is getting to enjoy it by reading, studying, or really doing any other kind of activity on the lawns in front of Old Main and the HUB. Remember to soak up the sun while it lasts, because before you know it, you'll be breaking out your heavy coat and snow boots!

Going to the bars

Champs, Lion's Den, The Gaff, The Phyrst, Doggies, Cafe 210, the list goes on and on! So for my 21+ crowd, say it with me: Let's go to the bars, LET'S GO TO THE BARS!

Being reunited with friends

One of the things that makes college so special is the bonds you make while you're there. The people you make and the friendships that develop in college last a lifetime! But it's hard because not everybody gets to go home to that same group of friends in the summer. So let's get hyped because we'll all be reunited in less than 50 days!

Honestly, Classes

You can't honestly tell me that you don't miss classes just a little bit! What makes it better is having classes with friends! Just picture it, walking into Thomas 100 and sitting in a row with your friends on either side of you. Yeah, you're in class, but at least you're not alone, life is good.