A PSA To High School Seniors Celebrating College Acceptance On Social Media

Be cognizant of others' feelings before posting on social media.

157
Flickr

Congratulations on your admission to the University of X!

You must be very proud, your parents must be very proud and your teachers must be very proud, but your friends might be jealous. In all your excitement, you might be forgetting that the college has only a 50% acceptance rate, meaning 50% of kids did not get in. These people could be your friends, and these people can see your social media posts.

It's one thing to post about your commitment to a college. Congratulations! We're all really excited to see where you're headed in life. It's another thing, however, to brag about acceptance. The University of X may have been your safety school, but some people just got denied from their dream school.

Be aware, and put yourself in their shoes before you post on social media.