Protect You Forever

Protect You Forever

You'll Always Be My Baby

23
Protect You Forever
self

I truly learned today what it's like to fear for your child's life more than your own. I was making my usual trip to work when I was met head on by another driver that had crossed the center line to met me in my lane. Thankfully I was able to get far enough to the left that she missed my front end and we left the scene without vehicle damage or bodily harm, but all I remember thinking is "I'm 29 weeks pregnant and you depend on me for safety". Something that sunk in quickly and took a whole new meaning. I instantly understood all the dangers my mother tried to keep us from growing up. Every tear my mother ever cried beside us, for us, now made since. This world is a scary place sometimes and not only do we have to watch out for ourselves we have to look out for those around us. I am 11 weeks away from having to protect you outside of my womb. All the things that couldn't hurt you while I was pregnant will now pose new obstacles and threats. I promise to always protect you in every way I can. The instant grasp of my stomach to assure you that you were safe was my first instinct, I never moved my hand from you until you kicked and insured me that you were safe. Your daddy how was in the car behind me jumped out to hug me and rub his hand across you to reassure you that everything was fine. Your Me-Maw and Pe-Paw called to check on you, and even the strangers and officers that responded were concerned that you were safe. This warmed my heart. I know your going to grow up on me so fast that I will wish I had never blinked but as you grow up I promise I will protect you. I'll gasp for breath the first time you sit up and then topple over resulting in your first scrap or bruise, and when you start walking I'll fear the moment you fall and it brings tears to your eyes. Your going to be a handful I know that but we will protect you the best we can, just like my momma and daddy did for me. My heart already breaks for the day you have to go to school and another little girl says something mean that hurts your feelings, and heaven help the day a little boy breaks your heart. It's something we wont be able to prevent but I promise we will be there to pick up all the pieces, just like our parents did. You are my first child, I'm going to make mistakes and one day you'll be able to forgive me for those mistakes I hope. However baby, I promise you that I will do my very best to be the best parent I can. I'll keep you safe from this evil world to the best of my ability. I'll love you forever, I'll love you for always, and from now til forever my baby you'll be.