The Pros And Cons Of Summer Ending

The Pros And Cons Of Summer Ending

Good news and bad news.

28
The Pros And Cons Of Summer Ending

All good things must come to an end, or so they say. This means fantastic dreams or delicious meals, and also seasons. Summer is coming to a close, and you may be overjoyed or absolutely dreading the end. However, in order to tackle the current impending doom, here is a pro and con list to decipher the feelings of summer's end.

Pro: Cool weather is on the way

Yay sweaters! Yay fall! Boo sweating through your clothing and having your hair curl in the humidity. Summer's end means that the uncomfortable heat will replaced with cool breezes and moderate temps, making it easy to move around without breaking a sweat.

Con: Winter is coming

No more heat means cold, all the time. No trips to the beach, or days spent outside, because who wants to freeze to death? Summer's end means warmth and pleasant days outdoors are far behind. Find yourself bundled in multiple blankets by the fire for the next few months while you pine away for the hot sun you hated just months before.

Pro: Going back to school

New clothes! New backpack! Getting to see your friends again! All of these are exciting things that definitely did not happen during your summer spent working or sitting at home. The promise of a new school year can be daunting, but all in all the excitement overcomes the need to stay in summer mode.

Con: Going back to school

Added stress, lots of homework, being away from home. All these things can make anyone crave the lazy days of the warm months. Getting back into the swing of things after weeks of non-stop fun can be a tough adjustment.

Pro: Ending your summer job

For weeks you slaved away at your internship or hometown job, hoping to gain work experience and some extra cash for the school year. For weeks you woke up early, worked overtime and dealt with all kinds of problems you were too exhausted or annoyed to handle. While the money was great, and the skills you learned invaluable, you're ready to move on to bigger things.

Con: Lack of cash flow

After the summer, you spend money like you're made of it and soon run out. Finding a job during school is tough with all your extracurriculars, but you have to have your weekly Chipotle, right? Without the steady paycheck you sink back into broke college kid mode.

Pro: Seeing friends from school

You question why you didn't choose a school closer to home when all of your college friends live hours away. Returning to school means reuniting with all your besties from far away. You prep your Instagram for the reunion pic and anticipate your arrival on campus, when you can run into your friend's arms once again.

Con: Missing your friends from home

Even though being away can be non-stop fun, sometimes it is easy to miss the friends you grew up with. Summer was a time to catch up with your childhood buddies and bond over the lost time. Leaving them again is hard, especially when you might not see them for a while. You love your college friends, but your hometown friends always hold a special place in your heart.

Pro: Getting away from home for a bit

Being home during the summer can mean relaxation and not having to worry about adult responsibilities. However, living with your family can be stressful, especially when you're asked about your future plans 300 times a day. You long to be back at school when you can take care of yourself and handle your problems without any familial scrutiny.

Con: Missing your family

Distance can be tough and spending a few months with your family before saying goodbye can make the adjustment more difficult. You find over break that you became accustomed to mom's home cooking and frequent family game nights. You miss your dog and the feeling of safety you feel in your house.

So while summer ending can be a bad thing, an end to fun times, it can also be a time for optimism and excitement for what lays ahead. So goodbye summer, we'll see you soon.