The Pros And Cons Of Healthy Eating

The Pros And Cons Of Healthy Eating

Willpower... Enough said.

7406
The Pros And Cons Of Healthy Eating

For the past two weeks, my roommate and I have been taking on the impossible. Or what I like to think of as impossible. And what might it be?

We haven't been eating dairy, bread (anything with gluten really) and sugar (or limited amounts under 10g).

And boy has it been interesting. There are many benefits from eating healthy... As well as many cons. So, I thought I'd share with you all three pros and cons from taking on this "lifestyle." Who knows, you may just want to try it!

Pros

1. You feel great.

Not only do you feel great about yourself and your choices, but physically- you feel amazing! I now have more energy in the morning, and rarely feel sluggish or dragging. Fueling your body with raw, organic, and healthy foods is not only great for your appearance, but also your overall well being!

2. Your cravings change.

Now, I am excited to eat healthy (and honestly wouldn't have said that a long time ago). Thinking about new and fresh snacks, from basil hummus to roasted carrots, is a fun challenge to get in the kitchen, as well as fuel my body!

3. You're proud of yourself.

Having will power to turn down potato chips and ice cream is hard, trust me. But making good choices, one meal at a time, is rewarding in itself. You're proud of yourself, simple as that!

Cons

1. Sugar withdrawal is real.

Sugar is like an actual drug, and no, I'm not exaggerating. According to healthline.com, sugar is one of the most "dangerous drugs" of our era. So the moment you say goodbye to all those wonderful sweets, headaches and a little bit of "hanger" may follow!

2. Willpower... Enough said.

You sit down at a Mexican restaurant, and here come the unlimited chips and queso... And the tears follow. Eating out, going to the grocery store, or passing by an ice cream store is hard. Fight those cravings! Trust me, it's worth it!

3. Your choices are limited.

Honestly I never realized how much food is packed-full of excess sugar and sodium. Greek yogurt for breakfast- seems healthy, right? Many yogurt brands have over 22 grams of sugar, and according to the American Heart Association, women should have around 25 grams of sugar a day.

Seems a little tough, right? Well, get a friend to help you along this journey to a healthier lifestyle. You won't regret it!