Pros And Cons Of Summer Ending

Pros And Cons Of Summer Ending

Move-in day is fast approaching.

4
Pros And Cons Of Summer Ending
Ally Wohr

With move-in day approaching (it's less than 10 days now) I'm both excited and sad. As with most things in life, there are pros and cons to moving back into college. After four months away, part of me is ready to go back and keeps chanting the pros of moving back. Another part of me though, is continuously reminding me about the cons of moving in.

Pros:

1. I get to live with my best friends.

After four months away you can't even imagine how excited I am to see my best friends again, and knowing that i get to live with three of them in an apartment on campus is the most exciting thing in my life. Our group chat has been full of activity almost every day this summer and it's probably still going to be full of activity when one of us isn't in the room and has to be filled in on everything.

2. I get to be five hours away from home.

Being home for summer has reminded me exactly why I wanted to get away for school: I live in the middle of nowhere. And to top it all off, my closest friends "back home" have all moved to different states. So now coming home isn't so exciting because I don't really have much to look forward to seeing.

3. I get to see everyone at school again.

Since I live five hours from school, I haven't seen anyone all summer. Not just my close friends, but anyone. I live too far away and it's a lot of gas money to go back down there, so I haven't.

Cons:

1. I no longer get to spend every day at the barn.

As I've mentioned before, I ride horses. Since I wasn't able to find a summer job willing to work with my horse show schedule; I spent almost every single day at the barn. This means I have terrible tan lines, but I got to spend every day with my barn family. I won't have that anymore.

2. I'm five hours away from my barn.

Unlike some people I know on campus who could take a day trip home, I can't. Even taking a weekend trip home is a hassle because I only really get one full day home. So that means that when I do take a weekend trip home, my parents rarely see me because I'm at the barn.

3. School means schoolwork.

As much as I wish college was less school and more a break from reality, I'm not that lucky. There's homework. Lots of it. And I am not mentally prepared to be slammed with hours of homework each night again. That's one thing I haven't missed at all.

I also have to pack everything up for school, and I haven't really started that yet. That lands in both categories though, because packing makes me more excited for school, but sucks. It makes the fast approaching move in feel more real, but packing is just annoying and I don't want to do it. But to the friends that I will see in less than ten days, I can't wait, and here's to another year full of memories.