7 Prompts For Journaling Every Day Of The Week

Sometimes you just need to write it down.

119
Personal Photo

Yeah I know, the last time you journaled was probably Mrs.McCarthy's third grade class. However, journaling can open your eyes to ideas realizations and aspirations. Keeping a journal to scribble down notes, or even just dreams can help you determine what you really want in life. Here are a couple of inspirational prompts.

1. Monday: Write five things you truly enjoy about yourself.

This social media driven society has taught us to compare ourselves to others. This prompt reminds us to step back and really appreciate what draws others to us.

2. Tuesday: If I had no fear today, what would I do?

Sometimes we stop ourselves from happiness because we're scared. This prompt lets us realize that some of our goals are very attainable, we just have to put ourselves out there.

3. Wednesday: What can I do to nurture my mind, body and soul?

This prompt pushes us to reflect on how kind we are to ourselves. It is important to take care for yourself.

4. Thursday: What is one thing you learned this week? 

Usually, we walk through life worrying about our future that we don't stop to recognize the little things.

5. Friday: What is the dominant emotion in your life right now?

This prompt is good when you're feeling down. It challenges you to look introspectively so you may deal with your emotions in a healthy way.

6. Saturday: Who made you feel good this week?

Yes, journaling is an independent task but you can still appreciate your friends while doing it.

7. Sunday: Dear ___, this has been weighing me down....

This prompt will let you release steam and feelings you have been too scared to say. Even if you never give this letter to that person, it's a good start to try to let it.