Promises To Make To Yourself, Today And Always

"I vow to love myself each and every day, from now until forever."

15
Wall Source

All our lives, we hopelessly search for fillers to consume the empty places in our hearts. We tend to search for exterior people or things to fill these holes and fulfill all things great in our lives, when in reality, no person or thing can fill your heart the way you can for yourself. While consuming the love and appreciation others have for you, you must work each and every day to love and appreciate yourself. These are just a few of the promises I vow to make to myself today and always:

I promise to...

Make time for myself.

In the midst of all life's craziness, I vow to find just one moment of quiet, one moment of calm each and every day to focus on me. I vow to put myself first and believe in my own hopes and dreams and do things for myself, as this leads to a life with no regrets.

Find happiness in all the small things in life.

While sitting on the front porch watching the beautiful sunset drift below the mountains, I vow to find happiness in making it through yet another beautiful day. While watching two kids learn to share and support one another without being told to do so. While watching an elderly couple gaze into each others eyes with all the love in the world, I vow to find happiness in life's smallest moments, as they speak straight to the heart.

Cherish the friends that make me laugh until I can't breathe.

Laugh hard, laugh often, laugh loud and don't ever stop for when the sound of laughter fades from your life, so does your happiness.

Step away from all of life's negativity.

I owe it to myself to free my heart and mind from all things weighing me down. Life is far to short to let all life's negativity consume you and crush your spirit. I vow to take the time to separate myself from the negativity and hold on to all things incredible.

Love deeply and fearlessly.

While finding the person to spend my days with, I vow to love wholeheartedly and fearlessly no matter where it all may lead. I promise to search for the things that I deserve and want to pursue them undoubtedly. I promise to continue to find love in all life's unexpected places and to hold on to that love today and always.

Smile often.

Cheesin' today and always, because everyone is more beautiful with a smile.

Find strength in my moments of weakness.

I promise to embrace and learn from all things hard in life, as these are the moments that you find out who you're meant to be. I promise to find my strength and fight tooth and nail to overcome any battle life may bring my way. I promise to be weak and get knocked down at times, but to fight back twice as hard to rise and keep moving forward no matter what.

Love myself unconditionally.

I vow to love myself each and every day, from now until forever.