Promises To My Mom, Now That She's Gone

Promises To My Mom, Now That She's Gone

You taught me everything, except how to live without you.

714
Promises To My Mom, Now That She's Gone
Catherine Greco

Mommy,

I promise to not remember you being in a hospital bed, but instead how strong of a woman you are.

I promise to take care of daddy, and make sure he's not doing anything he's not supposed to be doing.

I promise to never let Arianna forget her Nana, and to always remind her of how much you loved her.

I promise to always remind all your grandchildren how much you loved and cared about them.

I promise to continue to make you proud, even if you're not here to witness it for yourself.

I promise that when I find my Mr. Right, it's a guy you would approve of.

I promise to always continue your Holiday traditions every year, even if I have to continue them by myself.

I promise that when I have children one day, I will tell them everyday how great of a person you are and how much they would have been spoiled by you.

I promise to water your plants and at least try to keep them alive.

I promise to take care of myself. And yes, that means wearing my heavy jacket when it's cold.

I promise to continue my college career at Potsdam, even if it's after I take some time off to be with our family through this hard time.

I promise to listen to all of the advice you've ever given to me.

I promise to always stay smiling, even when times are hard.

I promise to always drive safe.

I promise to never drink and drive.

I promise to keep your collection of angels forever.

I promise to keep bread crumbs out of the butter because I know how much you hated it.

I promise to make sure to drink fluids when I'm sick.

I promise to never use metal silverware in your pots and pans because I know they will scratch the bottom of them.

I promise to stop being so stubborn at times, even though I got that quality from you.

I promise not to make any choices in life I will regret.

I promise to continue not taking life for granted.

I promise to live all my life to the fullest, with no regrets.

I promise to take daddy on the cruise that you two always wanted to go on.

I promise to always keep daddy smiling, even on his bad days.

I promise to never let you or myself down.

I promise to follow my dreams.

I promise to always stay healthy.

I promise to travel and see all the parts of the world that I've always wanted to see.

I promise to still go camping in Old Forge, like old times, even if it's not every Summer.

I promise to start putting up your village every year at Christmas time.

I promise to never let our family fall apart.

I promise to never be mad at you for leaving us, but instead be mad at life and how unfair it can be.

I promise to get a tattoo for you, because I always turned down getting a matching one with you.

I promise to never over load the washing machine.

I promise to think about you all the time.

I promise to always talk about you, and keep your memory alive.

I promise to laugh at all the good times we had together.

I promise to never be afraid of failing, because you taught me I can do anything I put my mind to.

I promise to continue to keep adding to my promises to you, because as years go on there will always be more.

I promise to keep all of these promises, I promise to never forget your voice, and how much you love me, I promise to miss you everyday and most importantly, I promise to never stop loving you.