A Promise To Myself While In The Disney College Program

It's time to live you dream.

243
"If you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true."

Well self, you did it! Despite the odds, you kept on believing in the biggest dream you've ever had and now it's your reality! Can you believe it? A month ago, you were frantically checking Disney's website what seemed like a million times a day to see if the DCP application had dropped yet, and now look at ya- you're awaiting the greatest adventure of your life to begin in just a few short months. You get to work for the company that helped mold you into the dreamer that you are today, and all of the confusion and doubts you've had in college are finally falling together and beginning to make complete and perfect sense.

It still hasn't quite set in yet, the actual realness of this surreal opportunity. When you don't register for classes at your university for the fall semester, it still probably won't feel completely real. Heck, who knows if the 13 hour drive to Orlando will even feel real? This all feels like a dream- and in a sense, it is. A wonderful, magical dream that has finally come true.

Please, take advantage of every single experience you have while living at the Happiest Place on Earth. Make connections and lifelong friendships with other cast members from all over the country. Break up the parts in Disney songs and belt them out at the top of your longs together. Put on them Mickey Mouse ears and go to the parks on your off days. Take spontaneous road trips to the beach. Try to watch as many parades as you can. Take a billion Instagram worthy pictures throughout the park, and don't forget to get a few by the purple wall. Ride every ride, drink around the world (when you finally turn 21), eat all of the calorie overloaded treats you've seen on Pinterest, and most importantly, have the most magical time of your life as a Walt Disney World cast member.

Do it for Walt, do it for yourself, and do it for all of the dreamers out there.

"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing- that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

For Disney, it was all started by a mouse. For you, it starts with this college program. Keep believing in your dreams, and keep seeking all the magic in the world. This is only the beginning.