Progressive Organizations to Donate to Now

Make your voice heard.

47
The Nation

2017 is here! Unfortunately that also means the Trump administration is coming faster than we’d like. A lot of you may be worried about what will happen once the far-right extremists take over, and that just means it’s more important than ever to fight back. Start off your new year with a good deed and a better mindset!

Here is a list of progressive organizations you can donate to or volunteer with to make a difference in the world!

General:

• ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) - the overarching organization for progressive policy change
  • Anti-Defamation League - one of the largest civil rights organizations in the US, fights bigotry and anti-Semitism
  • Boys & Girls Clubs of America - provide kids with a safe setting for education

Women’s Rights:

Sexual Assault Advocacy:

LGBTQ Rights:

Race Relations:

• NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People)
  • NAACP Legal Defense Fund - litigation, education, advocacy
  • Campaign Zero - focuses on police reform and the BLM movement
  • CAIR (The Council on American-Islamic Relations) - creates a positive image of American Muslims
  • NARF (Native American Rights Fund) - protects rights and land
    • See NoDAPL below

Immigration reform:

Environmental Issues:

Whether you donate to a national organization or volunteer with your local chapter, giving to a cause you believe in is one of the most important things you can do to make a difference. You’ll feel great about yourself and gain even more pride in your beliefs. A lot of donations are even tax deductible! Don’t let Trump and his barbaric followers crush your hopes and spirit; show them we will never stop fighting!

Do you know of any other great organizations to help out? Comment below!