Professors Should Make The Test Like The Study Guide

There's A Special Place In Heaven For Professors Who Make The Test Like The Study Guide

College is hard enough, thank God for "Rate My Professor."

963
Maria Marrugo

Okay, we get it, we have to take core liberal art classes. But nothing grinds my gears more than taking a class that was supposed to be "fun," just to find out that it's harder than my accounting classes! I shouldn't be studying the history of music for three more hours than consolidation sheets. No wonder so many millennials don't appreciate education, because college has sucked the excitement out of learning.

Sophomore year, I decided to take an introductory class to music. Since I was in the marching band, I thought that it would be relatively easy, and it would enhance my appreciation in music.

WRONG.

I ended up getting a C+ in this class and an A- in managerial accounting, how? I couldn't fathom how an elective could ever be this hard! Although I kind of hate my school, I really love the education it's provided, liberal and all. I thought that by going to college, education was expected to be "better." And although I've had the most life-changing professors, some of them have, excuse me for my lack of words, SUCKED!

My freshmen year I had professor Plattner, and he is the reason why I'm writing this article. I used to hate writing, because I wasn't good at it, plus we always had those boring prompts for the FCAT (Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test) and not to mention English classes. I needed to write 5 paragraphs, the intro, body, and conclusions...dear lord I'm even getting bored explaining this!

We all know that if you major in STEM, Finance or Accounting you understand the struggle of how valuable a good professor is! If you have a shitty professor, you might as well move to Las Vegas, dye your hair, change your name, and become a stripper, because you will not pass that class!

I've had easy professors, in which I learned close to nothing. Until this year when I had Professor Ginsber for auditing. Don't get me wrong, there's no way of making a 3-hour block exciting, but at least the class is interesting, which is hard to say for auditing. For our midterm, he went over what we should pay attention, and hold and behold it was on the midterm. I finished my midterm within 40 minutes, and honestly, professors like him hold a special place in heaven! I actually remember and know what he is teaching, and because now I know that he means what he says, it's lifted such a heavy weight off my shoulders.

There's nothing worse, then a professor that makes exam questions out of thin air and pulls them out of their butts, like why? Who hurt you like that? Why are you taking it out on me? It wouldn't even matter if I showed up to all your lectures because it will never be enough. Professors that are unrealistically hard need to re-evaluate what they are teaching.