An Open Letter To My Professors

An Open Letter To My Professors

A thank you for the countless hours you put into furthering my education.

132
An Open Letter To My Professors
Emaze.com

To My Professors:

As the school year comes to an end this week, I cannot help but feel a mix of emotions. I feel happy to get to experience summer again, go home, relax, reunite with family and friends, and binge on luxuries that school does not contain. However, I also find myself feeling sad as I leave the school year and memories behind. There is always next year for new and improved things, but some cannot be replaced. One of these things are my professors, and allow me to explain.

When I first came to college this last year, I had hoped for nothing more than a new beginning. New culture, new possibilities, new chances, new challenges, the list goes on. Nevertheless, I found a large majority of these in my professors. Upon the first day of both fall and spring semesters, I quickly found out I was blessed with a group of adults that I could look up to, something I never had before in a classroom.

My first year experience professor told our class the greatest stories for seven weeks straight. My history professor was so engaging and passionate about the civilizations of ancient history; I never walked away from a lecture less than enthusiastic. My architecture professor was a legitimate architect; therefore, he truly knew what he was talking about and always assigned fun projects. My two writing professors knew I had a profound love for writing, so they always pushed me to do my very best throughout every paper. For as long as I can remember, math was my worst subject in middle and high school, but not anymore. My math professor was phenomenal, and made college algebra feel easy; I never score lower than a B+ on any of his exams. My nutrition professor was a registered dietician for well over 30 years, and always had the best in-class discussions. My psychology and S.S. professors lectured for what seemed to feel like forever, yet always positively pushed and encouraged us to think about the topics.

With that being said, I am able to see just how blessed I truly was this last year. If it were not for my professors, I would not have had nearly as great of a freshman year. When I was given these outstanding people to learn from, I knew I made the right decision in attending my university. Thank you to all of you. Thank you for the countless hours you put into teaching, motivating, improving, inspiring, encouraging, respecting, helping, and engaging me. I wish I could have the several of you all four years, but there are numerous future students out there that need you as much I did. I will never forget the memories and lessons I have learned, but until we possibly meet again, I wish you all nothing but the best.

Sincerely,

An appreciative student