13 Productive Ways To Procrastinate

13 Productive Ways To Procrastinate

Putting things on the back burner only means you get to put other things on the front burner.

99
13 Productive Ways To Procrastinate
Instagram @AnaBacinger

Procrastination. Everyone does it. I'm not justifying it, but I am saying it can be done in a healthy way.

Instead of throwing your body on the nearest flat surface and crying, you can actually do something that is secretly productive and still lets you feel like you're relaxed! Not everything has to be a drastic and tedious task. You still have to take time to take it easy when you're busy! Get started by adding these 13 sneakily fruitful tasks to your to-do list.

1.  Go grocery shopping. 

It's gotta happen at some point, and there's no time like the present! Fresh produce makes me way happier than it should, so go buy your fruits and veggies for the week!

2. Work on something due that’s not school related.

I literally always feel like there's something I should be doing, and I know I can't be the only person who feels this way. The never-ending to-do list is real. I'm sure there's something outside of your classes you have to get done.

3. Shower. Like a full hair washed shaved legs shower.

Dry shampoo is my best friend. I am the actual worst at taking the time to wash my hair. It's probably borderline a real issue. It's still hot out so go ahead and shave your legs while you're in there. Moisturize. Face mask. Do it all ladies.

4. Meal prep.

Is Tupperware a love language? That pre-made food truly makes me heart skip a beat. Imagine coming home starving after a long day and your dinner is already made!!?? What an adrenaline rush. (side note, I have perfectly divided and portion-sized Tupperware from TJ Maxx for $3-$4 each, 10/10 would recommend. The brand is Sistema, which you can also find on Amazon)

5. Read a book, not a textbook.

Let your mind take a break with a story of your choosing (in my totally unbiased opinion I would recommend my book). Or a favorite magazine, blog, newspaper, anything to help you grow and relax simultaneously, expand your mind and vocabulary, and learn from someone else's experiences. Reading is SO important.

6. Hit the gym.

Work on your fitness, I'll be your witness. Nobody has ever regretted a workout, and no matter how far "behind" you feel, you're still ahead of everyone on the couch!

7. Do your laundry.

You certainly can't avoid this forever. Bonus points because you can do something on top of that while you wait for your clothes to wash/dry!

8. Make a playlist.

It's lame to have to back and forth from artist to artist to profile to profile, you need to take the 5 minutes to make that dream playlist of yours! All your favorite songs back to back will keep your spirits high. Feel free to make 3 or 12, you truly need a playlist for every occasion.

9. Clean your house/apartment.

Cleanliness is next to godliness, I don't make the rules. If you can't remember the last time you used a Clorox wipe, it's time to use one immediately, if not sooner.

10. Write an Odyssey Article.

Shameless plug!!! I LOVE writing for Odyssey every week and you can too! High key I usually write my articles when I don't feel like doing anything else or when I'm avoiding schoolwork (sorry mom). I love writing so it's a nice hour-ish break of "me time" in the middle of my chaotic school weeks!

11. Spend time with someone you love.

I really can't think of a better way to de-stress. Nothing makes me feel more full than Facetiming my little brother or sharing a meal with my sweet boyfriend or watching our show with my bestie who doubles as my roommate (How To Get Away With Murder, highly recommend). It's not the call or the meal or the show, it's the people I get to share them with.

12. Organize and prioritize everything you actually have to do.

Nine times out of ten, I feel way less stressed when I pause and figure out what all I need to get done. Take it one day at a time, that's all you can do, really. Lots of sticky notes and encouragement, you can do anything!

13. Call your mom.

She loves you and she misses you and she wants to know how your classes are going!! Let her know!! And tell her I said hi!