Problems with Being Sick During School

Problems with Being Sick During School

"For better or worse, through sickness and health..." Were they referring to school?

58
Problems with Being Sick During School

The last thing you want to be is sick during the school year. There's already not enough time in the day when you feel good. Much less trying to make it through the day when you're sick. Here's how to survive your week with an illness.

1. Relax.

Now is the time to get some R&R. Be sure to give yourself some time to rest, or you may find yourself even sicker than before.

2. Cut down your schedule.

There is no way you have to balance schoolwork, work, interning, and extra activities all at once. Give yourself a break this week and only do those things are are absolutely essential.

3. Take a day off.

Now, there is no reason to simply be cutting class and skimping on work, but if you're finding yourself bed ridden, call in sick. Take a day to recover, it may save you a lot of aches later. Just don't pull a Ferris Bueller's Day Offtype of day off.

4. Go to bed early.

Sleep is key! It is most likely you love sleep now, and you will love it even more when you are sick. Your body will need a lot of time to recover so sleep as much as you can.

5. Drink a lot!

Keep those fluids coming, and drink a lot of water.

6. Eat soup and crackers.

Soup is literally a cure, heat up a bowl of chicken noodle soup with a container of crackers and you'll find yourself beginning to feel better.

7. Wash your hands.

While you wash your hands now, wash them even more. Your immune system is week and you can find yourself catching something else if you're not careful.

8. Feel better soon!

Now all you can do is chill out and take it easy. If you find yourself starting to feel better, take a little me time off. Catch up on your favorite novel, listen to music, or watch television. Give yourself a break.